2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little niggle, if you see him in the training vids, he rarely acknowledges the camera guy, just watch JJK to see the difference, and yesterday I didn't notice him acknowledge the fans as he was subbed, just a small thing like I said and I have no idea if it means he thinks he is better than us, or the club or that he is ubber shy, but it's out of step with the new feel good factor, anyway that's us all over, moaning when we are on top of the world. Just don't look down there's a Gordie coming over the mountain.

Looking at the video, I don't think anyone can ever accuse Richy of not being in touch with the fans. And this hasn't been the first time he acknowledged them.

Looking at the video, I don't think anyone can ever accuse Richy of not being in touch with the fans. And this hasn't been the first time he acknowledged them.
Richy is a gem. Any other player of his quality would have been halfway out the door after just a few months of the level of ineptitude we've seen from this club and it's managers, let some multiple seasons. He's stayed quiet, worked hard, and stayed connected with the fans. He gets it.

Sadly think he will be leaving this summer, was a million percent sure of that if the FSW or a similar fossil was in charge.

But...

With Lampard arriving, a complete change in training and the way we will play, focus on bringing in younger and hungrier players, I now have a small hope he may just want to give it one more season (guy loves the club and the fans, and maybe just maybe...)

If he does stay I reckon it'll mean DCL leaves and Richy becomes our first choice up front, sonething which could persuade him to stay as well as it's where he's always to play.

A huge amount depends on how we finish this season though and the impact of the likes of Alli and VdB as if they both click can see Richy really having a great second half of the season

It all depends on if anyone big comes in for him as to whether he stays. If PSG see him as an Mbappe replacement as was reported last summer then of course he leaves and who can blame him? He’s given his all every minute on the pitch for us so far and been a proper gent off it too so I’ll never begrudge him trying to win trophies and play champions league football.

I agree with the posters who say he is not world class, I'll tell you what though, he's the nearest to world class that we have. He is a very good finisher, his movement is good, his first touch is good and his work rate is tremendous. He must be an absolute pain the arse to play against. In terms of a centre forward, I think playing somebody like Richarlison as opposed to somebody like DCL leads to far more attractive football, it means we are not constantly trying to get into a position from where we can sling a cross in.

I really rate DCL too and I think he is the more likely of the two to stay with the club in the next few seasons, but, given the choice, I would sell DCL and keep Richarlison. My fear is, however, that both of them will be gone this time next year, if this is the case, we really need to think long and hard about how we spend the money that we receive for them. In an ideal world, there replacements should be on board before they are sold.

In terms of a centre forward, I think playing somebody like Richarlison as opposed to somebody like DCL leads to far more attractive football, it means we are not constantly trying to get into a position from where we can sling a cross in.
While I highly rate DCL and believe he offers a lot, I feel that Richarlison would be far more suited to playing in a more fluid front-three rather than Dom would.

We talk about the relationship between Gray, Richarlison and DCL being inconsistent (I'm being nice there), and it's something I feel we need to work on.

I would love to see a front three who are interchangeable and could really threaten teams with their movement; I think Gray and Richy could offer that...

... more so than DCL.

Like I said, it was just something that I'd observed that was just a niggle. However, thank you for your observations, I stand corrected ?
No, no, no, no, no. You can't come on here, listen reasonably to other people's views, and then admit that they might be right and you might be wrong. That's not the spirit at all. If someone disagrees with you, you have to subject them to a torrent of personal abuse, and hold a deep grudge for the rest of eternity. At the same time, if you begin to suspect you may have been wrong in the first place, you have to make your original opinion ten times more extreme, and never ever admit to it being less than genius level insight. Adopt these key principles and you won't go far wrong.

Hope you find this helpful, mate.

We basically have to win the FA Cup to have even the remotest chance of keeping him. That will at least get him playing European football (which is a huge gap on his CV).

He is the one player we have who could start for any of the top 3 and not look out of place...

While I highly rate DCL and believe he offers a lot, I feel that Richarlison would be far more suited to playing in a more fluid front-three rather than Dom would.

We talk about the relationship between Gray, Richarlison and DCL being inconsistent (I'm being nice there), and it's something I feel we need to work on.

I would love to see a front three who are interchangeable and could really threaten teams with their movement; I think Gray and Richy could offer that...

... more so than DCL.
I think they have played about 4 games together?!

I think they have played about 4 games together?!
I wasn't suggesting the three collectively but rather any permutation: Richarlison and DCL have never really worked as a team; Gray and Richy don't work well.

I would like to see our front line working as a collective - supporting each other - rather than playing more in isolation as it appears.

Without really wanting to compare ourselves with that shower, you look at the RS's front line and how collectively they're better than the sum of each part.

The same could be said about City and many other teams. If our front line worked together effectively, I truly think they could be a terrifying front line for teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.