Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Allan

Votes: 9 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raphinha's not bad like

Especially not when you stand 5 yards off him and encourage him to shoot like Godfrey did.

He's their key player tomorrow, and I have big concerns if they move him over the left to play against Coleman. Ideally he stays on the right, because I think we can deal with him better on that side.

Their centre backs struggled all night against Villa with the runner in behind. I think Alli could get joy against them if we can work it over the top.

Especially not when you stand 5 yards off him and encourage him to shoot like Godfrey did.

He's their key player tomorrow, and I have big concerns if they move him over the left to play against Coleman. Ideally he stays on the right, because I think we can deal with him better on that side.

Their centre backs struggled all night against Villa with the runner in behind. I think Alli could get joy against them if we can work it over the top.
I mean whatever side he's on mate he's gonna have a field day.

If Mykolenko's got COVID, he won't be playing. But even if he is I can't say with confidence he'll be able to stand up against any of the Leeds wingers. And same on the other side.

But going the other way we definitely have quality to get at them.

*dreams of Keane or Holgate having the ability to deftly chip the ball over Leeds' defence*

I mean whatever side he's on mate he's gonna have a field day.

If Mykolenko's got COVID, he won't be playing. But even if he is I can't say with confidence he'll be able to stand up against any of the Leeds wingers. And same on the other side.

But going the other way we definitely have quality to get at them.

I'd play 4411 and make sure Gordon and Richarlison know they have to work back and they are playing in wide midfield positions. I think that's the only formation we can play to get balance, accomodate our goal threats, and to cover up some of the midfield issues.

This absolute nonsense being put forward that somehow it is the supporters fault that the players we have can't play football no matter what system we play, who the manager is or what players are selected is simply that, absolute nonsense. There would appear to be some on here who who have Goodison Park cheer our way into the Championship.
For me, applauding the players, cheering players or however you show that you are happy with what you are seeing is again simply that, you are happy with what you are seeing. If, as happens all to often, one of our players passes the ball to the opposition, loses the ball, misses a tackle or simply can't be @r*#d trying do you expect a round of applause because you have put on the blue shirt.
I am a fairly uncomplicated type of person, if you are employed to play football, if you are paid thousands of pounds to play football then I am entitled to expect you to play football.
The blame for the demise of Everton Football Club firmly lies with the Board who have brought in managers, coaches, and players who are simply not up to standard and wasted millions in doing so. A fair bit of blame lies with those players, while not being up to standard not giving everything they have but merely collecting a big wage. Unrest amongst the supporters is not the cause of our woes, it is a result of our woes.

Then I'm afraid relegation will become much more of a probability...

And yes, our options are limited, but let's think outside of the box...

Was it Einstein that said doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity...and this is exactly what a lot of people on here are advocating?

Lets' give Keane and Holgate another month because our options are limited; one win in FIFTEEN and they're saying let's give them another month...SERIOUSLY?
So who’s going to play there then Einstein

I'd play 4411 and make sure Gordon and Richarlison know they have to work back and they are playing in wide midfield positions. I think that's the only formation we can play to get balance, accomodate our goal threats, and to cover up some of the midfield issues.
We saw 4411 all of this season so far though and it's horrific in 2021-22. But maybe could work if we had a bit more control of the ball. Richarlison will work back regardless and so will Gordon but I don't think that will prove the difference.

We're gonna have to go full Martinez tomorrow and just try and win 4-3...

If we had at least one defender in form then I'd be more confident but we simply don't

Then I'm afraid relegation will become much more of a probability...

And yes, our options are limited, but let's think outside of the box...

Was it Einstein that said doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity...and this is exactly what a lot of people on here are advocating?

Lets' give Keane and Holgate another month because our options are limited; one win in FIFTEEN and they're saying let's give them another month...SERIOUSLY?

What you want? Give El Ghazi a game at CB? We have 5 fit defenders plus Patterson who hasn’t kicked a ball at this level.

I've tried my hardest, and this is the best I can do.

Gordon will probably barely be able to move due to it being his 3rd game in a week, but unless El Ghazi is thrown in, we have nobody else. Townsend looked knackered against Newcastle, so surely won't start.

The only reason I can give for Iwobi is that he came on and actually did something (albeit the smallest of flicks) against Brentford), and must surely have fresh legs.

If we ask Allan to give his all for 55 minutes then replace him with Gomes, hopefully that's not too much to ask of them. Van Beek and Alli must be fully fit and motivated.

Pickford
Keane-Holgate-Branthwaite
Allan-van Beek
Iwobi-Alli-Gordon
DCL-Richarlison​

Massive game tomorrow, biggest in years, need to get behind the team which means no belittlng or slandering our players. If we lose tomorrow I don't see us really having any chance staying up. COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.