2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was promised games when he joined.

He was promised games last summer.

Broken promises from United and two seasons probably depressed and frustrated.

We came in for him during the summer and finally get him now...hes under Lampard who he will probably like, respect and relate to having played against one another before.

My guess is that United didnt want to put an option in 'just in case'.

I think this could be 'just in case' and the fee will go from the £20-25mil option we probably asked for to £35-40mil deal agreed in the summer.
Well I hope he continues playing the way he did today for us and just enjoy his stay.

Hopefully he falls in love with the club manager and fans

I didn’t notice him that much today, but when I did he seemed to read the game well and do the basics perfectly. Wanna rewatch the game and keep an eye on him more, but seemed quietly efficient.

Can only think he will be a topic on united sites now as their midfield was poor again today.
Here is the redcafe thread on him.

Have to admit was surprised to see the comment “Fred provides a lot more defensively, especially with his pressing, and does an ok level of ball progression, which Van de Beek doesn't really match.” as whenever I’ve watched Fred for United he has been pretty poor - although tbf I haven’t watched that many of their games this season.

Quite bizarre that United have never played a guy capable of putting in such a great performance. Exactly what we been missing all season, energy in midfield and showed composure on the ball which helped gain control and push us forward . If he can replicate that going forward he would be one of the names I would ask us to sign him permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.