New Everton Stadium Discussion

It is. The roof structure has no traditional uprights and was designed to flex up/down, in/out & (within narrower limits) horizontally according to the architects but this is the first ‘extreme’ real world proof of all their computer modelling. You get quite a lot of clever stuff for £1bn!
That would be somewhat unnerving if you were sat watching a game.

The digital model stuff has been going on for years, it's nothing new really. Nor is the offsite manufacture, again, that was done years ago, even further back if you consider prefab housing. Also on this scale, I remember doing a design for the SECC in Scotland, and much of that was to be prefab'd and lifted in on-site. DfMA has been happening with services for probably 15 years now, full service risers lifted in on site after being transported from the facility and service modules lifted up to ceilings to complete entire floor installs.

Still, its all really good stuff.
Like most of us its not my field but welcome your input Jacko.
I have looked on as the building methods have progressed over the years but yet to see anything on this scale with these methods.
Coupled with the location and the dock infill its a truly historic moment for the club & city in general.

Wind tunnel tests on the new stadium.

ri_4 (1).png

In terms of the ST seats, I would hope that they effectively lift up the GP seating plan and lay it over the top of the BMD plan. Then once the seat has been allocated, you have the chance to move if you wish. After that point, then they open up the next tranche of ST sales. The people I sit with and around are part of my match going experience, and I wouldn't want to lose that.
Totally agree.

I think that was one of the problems with West Ham and the Olympic stadium at first as well.

They didn’t have likeminded people sitting with each other so there were problems with people standing etc.

This is a very important step in the process imo