Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone could stop veering from thinking we’re wonderful to saying every player’s a disgrace who needs selling on a weekly basis it would be great. We’re not going to suddenly flick a switch and surge up the table, stop being daft enough to believe every good result is a magic bullet that cures all our problems. We’re still rubbish, this is going to be a really tough couple of months and we’re going to lose a lot, we just have to hope we can pick up enough wins to see it through.

Barring an exceptional turnaround in the players' ability/effort it's going to be difficult for at least another 18 months. We are in such a bad state it'll take at least 3 transfer windows to get us anywhere near where we want to be.

We all got carried away thinking last week was the start of something. Turns out Leeds were just abysmal and our players took advantage of it.

I think Burnley, Norwich and Leeds will go down. All three of those will struggle to get to 30 points.

We'll stay up on about 35 points. It's going to be painful but our home fixtures should see us safe.

I think we really need something out of City or Spurs. 3 points would be brilliant but even a point will give us a bit of confidence.

If we lose both, then that's 4 defeats from 5 for Lampard in the league and a lot of gloom around the place.

I think we really need something out of City or Spurs. 3 points would be brilliant but even a point will give us a bit of confidence.

If we lose both, then that's 4 defeats from 5 for Lampard in the league and a lot of gloom around the place.

Yeah I get that. My prediction really ignores stuff like player mentality. I just looked at the remaining fixtures and who should beat who 'on paper'.

I don't see how we get anything against City. Maybe we could grind out a draw with Spurs but our defence is so poor.

If everyone could stop veering from thinking we’re wonderful to saying every player’s a disgrace who needs selling on a weekly basis it would be great. We’re not going to suddenly flick a switch and surge up the table, stop being daft enough to believe every good result is a magic bullet that cures all our problems. We’re still rubbish, this is going to be a really tough couple of months and we’re going to lose a lot, we just have to hope we can pick up enough wins to see it through.

To clarify, I still thought every player was a disgrace that needs selling after the Leeds game.

Yeah I get that. My prediction really ignores stuff like player mentality. I just looked at the remaining fixtures and who should beat who 'on paper'.

I don't see how we get anything against City. Maybe we could grind out a draw with Spurs but our defence is so poor.

That's the difficult thing. So many poor teams grind out results with a resolute defence. Ours crumbles under even the slightest pressure.

Wolves, Palace and Brentford has to be at least 7 points. A big performance against someone else at home to get us up to 10. It never works like that but it looks our best bet.

If we stay up, I'd still expect both DCL and Richy leave.

In practical terms, there would not be much difference between us and a newly promoted side, such is the rebuilding to be done relative to PL levels.

Still though, if we can stay up and then actually add some players who resemble footballers 90% rather than 10% of the time, we are much better off.

If we stay up, I'd still expect both DCL and Richy leave.

In practical terms, there would not be much difference between us and a newly promoted side, such is the rebuilding to be done relative to PL levels.

Still though, if we can stay up and then actually add some players who resemble footballers 90% rather than 10% of the time, we are much better off.

Not even arsed in the slightest tbf. They are both massively overrated but DCL in particular has been crap when he’s played this season. I don’t have an affinity towards any player in this squad.

No way we’re going down. Last week taught me that, the remaining home games in front of our crowd will easy see us through. Last week was so good, the crowd gives the players extra. Which has been the problem all season. We wouldn’t be in this mess if we ‘supported’ them the previous games.

There's chance we're in bottom 3 after next 2 games. Knowing how mentally weak they are, that could be fatal.

That won't motivate this firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.