Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't going overboard last week and not going overboard now. But still denying at this point that we're in a serious relegation battle is just madness.

We're in a relegation battle in the same way we were in a battle for top 4 this time last season. We weren't going to finish top 4 with this team and we won't go down with this team either.

This doesn’t mean anything, if we only enter the relegation zone at 4:55pm on day 38 then we’re down. The only reason we’re not in it now is because we had a good first 4 games.
In the last 22 years can you give me examples of any teams who weren't in the relegation zone by game week 24/25 who ended up relegated? I can only think of Ipswich and that was a season where 40 points was required to stay up. It can happen of course but its rare

gTRHtnY.gif

In the last 22 years can you give me examples of any teams who weren't in the relegation zone by game week 24/25 who ended up relegated? I can only think of Ipswich and that was a season where 40 points was required to stay up. It can happen of course but its rare

I really don’t know off the top of my head mate but I’m sure that has happened a lot more than just the once.

I really don’t know off the top of my head mate but I’m sure that has happened a lot more than just the once.
Oh it's happened more than once I'm sure but usually its the teams in the zone by this stage that go down. If not its a team in 17th. I'm not saying we won't go down either btw but perspective is needed and to go down it would probably require us to pretty much lose every game we have left bar a few. Win 4 out of our last 15 and a couple of draws and we'll prob have enough to stay up.

It looks like it will be between us, Leeds and Burnley for 18th. I think all 3 teams are a bag of *****, but we might actually be worse than them. Our schedule looks the hardest out of all three of them. I am struggling to see us picking up points in any of the remaining fixtures except Palace at home, Brentford at home and Watford away.

Trying to be positive, if we'd said this morning we needed 4-5 wins for safety then looking at the fixtures, Southampton (a), on their current form, would not be expected to be one of them. Leicester, Wolves, Palace, Newcastle and Brentford home, as well as Burnley and Watford away would all be considered more likely so in terms of "targeted wins" today would probably rank 8th. The performance was concerning, and it's a loss of what momentum we had from Leeds, but in terms of what we need to do to stay up the result is not a disaster.

It looks like it will be between us, Leeds and Burnley for 18th. I think all 3 teams are a bag of *****, but we might actually be worse than them. Our schedule looks the hardest out of all three of them. I am struggling to see us picking up points in any of the remaining fixtures except Palace at home, Brentford at home and Watford away.
Think you have to add Brentford to that mix too. They are a very poor side, they aren't picking up points and they have played 3 more than us and Leeds. They are bang in trouble.

Really we should be finishing above Brentford but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.