2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s just not true is it?
They drove “home” to London where their wives and families are still living, the rest headed “home” to Liverpool!
Lampard and Cole were probably quite rightly angry but there no need to make stuff up just to get “likes” on a forum, anyone would think you had a point to try and prove!
Nah mate, shocking and appalling that Lampard isn't personally driving the bus back to Liverpool. Disgusting behaviour. His best mate Ashley's there as well, not co-driving the bus.

Unbelievable.

I didn't want Lamps and thought (maybe still do a bit) it will all end terribly. I'm still a 100% happier with him as our manager than our previous boss. Would be even if results were same as under Rafael.
There's clearly been some improvement tho, hopefully just enough to keep us up. 3 prem games ago I had almost no hope, now I think we will survive.
Rafael didn't get sacked first bad moment and his results / play was terrible. I could well understand still banging on about it if we sacked him after Liverpool (we should have) but he had all the chance any manager in the prem would get, maybe a bit more.

I didn't want Lamps and thought (maybe still do a bit) it will all end terribly. I'm still a 100% happier with him as our manager than our previous boss. Would be even if results were same as under Rafael.
There's clearly been some improvement tho, hopefully just enough to keep us up. 3 prem games ago I had almost no hope, now I think we will survive.
Rafael didn't get sacked first bad moment and his results / play was terrible. I could well understand still banging on about it if we sacked him after Liverpool (we should have) but he had all the chance any manager in the prem would get, maybe a bit more.
Definitely a lot more, not a bit.

Realistically I'm the same as you - just not as negative anymore and I hope we survive. There are clear improvements, but we need to turn them into results.

But that’s just not true is it?
They drove “home” to London where their wives and families are still living, the rest headed “home” to Liverpool!
Lampard and Cole were probably quite rightly angry but there no need to make stuff up just to get “likes” on a forum, anyone would think you had a point to try and prove!

Erm it was reported in the national press mate.

No need for libellous statements like the above.

Nah mate, shocking and appalling that Lampard isn't personally driving the bus back to Liverpool. Disgusting behaviour. His best mate Ashley's there as well, not co-driving the bus.

Unbelievable.
Why don't they fly to London? They flew to Newcastle (and we all know that there's no traffic in Newcastle).
Its good the manager isn't getting too chummy with some of these wasters.

I think hiring football managers is incredibly tough job. Imo there is maybe 3 or 4 managers who are guaranteed some form of success no matter where they go, whether that be winning trophies or simply putting a club on an upwards trajectory. These guys manage top clubs.

Everyone else is an unknown/risk... so basically 99% of managers you just cant accurately predict if they will be a success or not... its a gamble every single time and usually you lose gambles more often than you win them and that seems to be evident in the world of football management where owners prefer to smash through managers until they find one rather than choosing one and sticking with him.

So Frank's remit is to avoid relegation. Rafael's remit was to finish top 8. Double standards here.

Frank has 1 in 3 in the league, it will likely be 1 in 4 soon, he has the easiest FA Cup draw, then we have difficult matches in Spurs and Wolves..

I can easily see Frank going 1 in 8 and relegated.

WHAT?????

Frank's remit is to keep us up BECAUSE OF BENITEZ YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

You have to be a parody account.

WHAT?????

Frank's remit is to keep us up BECAUSE OF BENITEZ YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

You have to be a parody account.
It’s mad how people blame Benitez, when in reality he was the unfortunate one to take us on after being and absolute joke of a club for the last 6 years with a team of charlatans that have downed tools on the last 5 managers we have had previously. Not only the players but the fans have turned on nearly every manager we have had, put that in combination with a joke of back round staff and board and what you have, us.

i see alot of people saying benitez is to blame for our current predicament and for selling rodriguez and digne. Sure he takes a brunt of the responsibility and had to go because of our awful form but the players need to be called out as well

benitez didn't miss the penalty against brighton at goodison park

benitez didn't pass the ball to Jiminez at Wolves

benitez didn't give the ball away needlessly to Salah against liverpool

benitez didn't give the ball away to palace to let gallagher score

at the end of the day, these players are paid ridiculous sums of money every week but they can't do the simple basics like pass a ball or run into space, or press an opponent in order to win the ball back.

the lack of effort is disconcerting and needs to be called out. It looks like Frank may have addressed it for our home games but away from home its the same old if not worse.

our wingbacks just got outplayed by livramento and kyle walker peters. we made them look like prime cafu and roberto carlos at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.