New Everton Stadium Discussion

download.jpeg

the building on the left no longer exists does it, I'd love to know what happened to it.

Impossible to say until we know what the facilities are the prices etc. EFC will want to earn as much from BMD as is humanly possible. The size of the fan zone and the number of bars suggested would indicate that if you wanted to linger for a few hours to you'll be more than welcome. They'll be in no rush to shove you out the door.

The fan zone will essentially remain an open space (with some stalls etc), so I'm not sure anyone will feel more inclined to hang around there than they do at GP. Especially after a winter's night match finishing at almost 10pm. So then you will still have more people leaving the site.... all on one side and leaving in one direction with fewer streets for on-going egress.

Yes, new stadium lounges and some concourses areas will be better equipped for a proportion of stay behinds to delay the process. The new local amenities on the landside of the wall will also help to accommodate a delayed dispersal, but I think there will need to be a substantial improvement in public transport/infrastructure than has yet been outlined in the sketchy transport strategy. At present this appears to be dominated by Shank's pony into town, Sandhills or the nearest bus routes, all of which are not that close.

The fan zone will essentially remain an open space (with some stalls etc), so I'm not sure anyone will feel more inclined to hang around there than they do at GP. Especially after a winter's night match finishing at almost 10pm. So then you will still have more people leaving the site.... all on one side and leaving in one direction with fewer streets for on-going egress.

Yes, new stadium lounges and some concourses areas will be better equipped for a proportion of stay behinds to delay the process. The new local amenities on the landside of the wall will also help to accommodate a delayed dispersal, but I think there will need to be a substantial improvement in public transport/infrastructure than has yet been outlined in the sketchy transport strategy. At present this appears to be dominated by Shank's pony into town, Sandhills or the nearest bus routes, all of which are not that close.
I was wondering what a fan zone was; basically some big outdoor market then?

I was wondering what a fan zone was; basically some big outdoor market then?
Essentially yes. An open-air meeting place with stalls. There may be some partially covered areas and entertainment, as there is at the fanzone at GP. I'm not sure if the one at GP is even open post match (pre-covid), as people just seem to want to get away after the game.

Essentially yes. An open-air meeting place with stalls. There may be some partially covered areas and entertainment, as there is at the fanzone at GP. I'm not sure if the one at GP is even open post match (pre-covid), as people just seem to want to get away after the game.
Pre covid I think there were some food stalls open post match but no alcohol.