Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
EU sanctions, not British, I think?

It's Moshiri that owns Everton anyway. Yes, we know Usmanov is a close business partner of his, but so what tbh? Hugo Boss was a member of the Nazi party but nobody cares when you wear his clothes.
USM/Megafon are plastered all over and it's well known that Usmanov has a stake in the club.

Which is why I was saying last night, if Usmanov has been sanctioned, which he now has been, maybe Everton should just jib off the USM/Megafon branding everywhere for a bit. It can be a short term thing.

Nah mate, we'll be fine, there's heaps of rich investors lining up to take us over...
...one's who have completely clean hands too...which will be a relief.

I'm guessing there must be 20 or more such individuals / organisations waiting to pour billions into a relegation threatened and debt ridden club with a beach that needs tuning into a new stadium. At least 20.

This feller Usmanov is gone.

We are on our own now financially...and when the debt is called in we are completely knackered.

Incredibly this is something some on here wanted...I think there's going to be a few people rowing back from their standing with Ukraine rhetoric when we start falling through the divisions.
I won't be rowing back. As much as I love the club and as big a part it plays in my life, anything that might happen to Everton is nothing compared to the real suffering going on in Ukraine and the global ramifications of Putin's tyranny. If the club suffers due to our links with Usmanov, then so be it.

Alisher Usmanov is a pro-Kremlin oligarch with particularly close ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin.” Directly links him to funding those “responsible for the annexation of Crimea and the destabilisation of Ukraine.”

Yeah, Everton need to say something

Alisher Usmanov is a pro-Kremlin oligarch with particularly close ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin.” Directly links him to funding those “responsible for the annexation of Crimea and the destabilisation of Ukraine.”

Yeah, Everton need to say something
Yep....silence is deafening from the board.............again!

I know no-one knows how bad this is for sure, but potentially this could be the end of our club couldn't it? If we lose investment from our backers and then eventually get relegated we could be absolutely destroyed. In fact relegation or not, there is no chance we find investors with the potential of Usmamov and moshiri considering the state we are in.

A club who will then owe £500 million for a stadium, possibly will owe moshiri hundreds of millions in loans as he won't be able to finance the club without usmanovs backing. We will be stuck with a squad of players on massive wages with not too many of them offering a particularly high resale value.

We could be in the biggest trouble in our clubs history and could see a situation of the like that's never happened to a club our size before. Rangers would be an example but given the strength of the Premier league we could potentially not see Everton return in this scenario.

Question is could this actually happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.