Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to stop losing games now. Put a run of 5 or 6 games together where we are picking up points. We’ve shown we should be capable of it.
Dont want to be to negative....but.... When have we shown this. Id be happy with a couple of wins and 4 losses in those 6. Same for following 6 games. Hopefully 34 points will be enough. Big doucoure back gives me a bit more optimism. Come On Leicester tonight!!!

Dont want to be to negative....but.... When have we shown this. Id be happy with a couple of wins and 4 losses in those 6. Same for following 6 games. Hopefully 34 points will be enough. Big doucoure back gives me a bit more optimism. Come On Leicester tonight!!!

If we play like we have in our last game(s) at Goodison it will happen. Just need a stronger mentality in the away games.

We need to stop losing games now. Put a run of 5 or 6 games together where we are picking up points. We’ve shown we should be capable of it.
I agree we have to start putting a run together now. Newcastle and Burnley are currently putting runs together and are getting out of trouble so why can’t we? Taking into consideration our recent home performances but the away performances need to change and hopefully they will over the next few weeks.

We still have 14 games left to go, that's 42 points to play for, we cannot accept relegation at this point, we have 1 game in hand on Newcastle and Villa, 2 games in hand on Watford, Norwich and Leeds and 3 games in hand on Brentford.

When it's all said and done, we'll be nowhere near the relegation zone. We're miles better than the dribble around us. Even if we only show it half the time, we'll be fine.

Listening to Talksport on Saturday and they were talking about the magical “40 points” thing, they basically said that this season it could be as low as 34 points and still survive. They said that on average over the last 20 years the team in 18th place finished on 35 points, which means 36 points would be enough.
Obviously none of us want it to get to needing a result on the last day. Part of me is still hoping we go in a mad winning run and pull well clear.
Just part of you (?), I’ll actually own up and say all of me hopes we go on that mad winning run!

As long as our home form is strong, then we should be okay. Our away form could be what sinks us though. We're in a very precarious situation alright!

No, we need to start drawing some games that we don’t win, we can’t go on winning one then losing four, that’ll see us relegated. We especially can’t afford to lose to Watford and Burnley. We need a little mini unbeaten run, even if it’s just 2 wins and 4 draws or something.

We still have 14 games left to go, that's 42 points to play for, we cannot accept relegation at this point, we have 1 game in hand on Newcastle and Villa, 2 games in hand on Watford, Norwich and Leeds and 3 games in hand on Brentford.
Too right mate, and Goodison for the last three games has been unlike anything I've seen in years. The way Lampard and his team have managed to pull the coaching staff, team and fans together in so short a time is something else. I actually enjoy going to the match again and we've got to keep that going, including this Thursday. No matter who the opposition are it needs to be an absolute pit, decent home form will give the lads confidence going away as well. Come on Blues, 42 points to play for! UTFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.