Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but a friend of mine with much better commercial and business understanding than my self said: This fellas money is everywhere and in one way or another it will always get trickled down to where he wants it to be, in this case Everton and the stadium build.

Fingers crossed!

Suspending is the correct course of action in my opinion.

It won't be a return to business as usual, but in the event of a credible ceasefire and settlement, however long off that is, the vast majority of sanctions will be stood down.

There is no other way if there is going to be a way out. The west will not humiliate Russia out of this war and have to hold out olive branches, particularly as the Russian political and business elites form the same circle and are intertwined at every level.

I still expect there to be wider implications but any chance of reinstating USM links are dependent on an end to hostilities. In the long run we have to look elsewhere.

Once the conflict is over we should be able to get Usmanov back on board. He's only been sanctioned to put pressure on Putin who is the problem.

But the naming rights for the BMD will be £20-30 million a year on top of that.

EFC are simply not able to attract sponsers as good as that or anywhere near.

Spurs cant find a naming rights partner for their new ground what chance have we got.

Its all well and good talking about new owners but owners wealth means nothing if they haven't the means to bend the FFP rules.

The suspension is temporary. The 30 million a year stadium deal from Usmanov wouldn't kick in until it's built anyway.

The suspension is temporary. The 30 million a year stadium deal from Usmanov wouldn't kick in until it's built anyway.

I imagine it would have kicked in to cover the repayments of the private loan likely to be taken out to pay for the build mate.

The club have to cover repayments right away remember.

It's possible that wording is intentional while the legal side is worked out. Depending on what was signed and how much money has already changed hands, it can be a drawn out process to cancel a contract. Not to mention that Moshiri is the owner majority owner of one party and a minority shareholder of the other party...

Maybe I'm being naive but I find it hard to believe that the partnerships have any chance of continuing at a later date. It's not like Russia is going to pull out of Ukraine tomorrow and apologize to the world. This is going to be a long complicated thing and Umanov is likely to remain sanctioned for a while. At least long enough where we need to go looking for alternative sources of partnership revenue.
This ^

Everton are entering a complicated dance of necessity. While it is true many footy club owners or their sources of investment would not sustain intensive scrutiny this should not mean EFC try to normalise our links to those profiting from such human misery.

The club statement was a smidgen better than Chelsea's but still short of what it should've been.

Please don't use the 'not guilty 'till proven' with regard to Usmanov. There is no factual dispute about his connections, friendships and source of wealth. Unless you think the Russian media are truthful, all other news sources are lying, and Putin will get this years Nobel Peace Prize of course.

Shankly was wrong, there are things more important than football.

We have done the right thing without being pushed into it, unlike the sinister six, just waiting now though for our FFP heroes to come riding in on their trusty steeds to grind us into the dust.

It's possible that wording is intentional while the legal side is worked out. Depending on what was signed and how much money has already changed hands, it can be a drawn out process to cancel a contract. Not to mention that Moshiri is the owner majority owner of one party and a minority shareholder of the other party...

Maybe I'm being naive but I find it hard to believe that the partnerships have any chance of continuing at a later date. It's not like Russia is going to pull out of Ukraine tomorrow and apologize to the world. This is going to be a long complicated thing and Umanov is likely to remain sanctioned for a while. At least long enough where we need to go looking for alternative sources of partnership revenue.

Very good point.

Would assume most deals have intricate legal jargon contained within the small print for withdrawals/terminations etc.
Maybe similar with how Mason Greenwood rather quickly and publicly lost all his sponsorship deals.

I'm not sure i agree with the decision to stop all Russians from being able to trade / operate outside of their own nation - which is obviously massively impacting many industries for worse.

Since when are a nations people responsible for the decisions of their political leaders?

Just like Boris Johnson doesn't represent me, I'm sure Putins actions aren't representative of Russian citizens.

It's corrupt at the top.

It's more than likely that Putin / Biden / Johnson are following a script written by Hollywood.

As always, every story needs a villain. ?
I'm sure if Britain and BJ were jn the same position as Russia and putin , and had similar sanctions imposed on its people and business , the British population would not be long I'm rising up and getting rid of its leader .... this is what will eventually happen in Russia they are hoping , one of their own will eventually take him out

Status
Not open for further replies.