Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosh can sell to a bunch of bad knife wielding meffs from the Middle East and we can all get upset about it. (granted that stable door has, correctly, been bolted so it won't happen).

I think the statement was good but influenced by getting the optics right.

We need to have solid financial backing. We are currently in a very precarious position football wise.

Yeah, it's a suspension now and it may never come back. Fine. I don't care.

The stadium will happen, it only won't happen if we go down - your pal Benitez started that risk.

Know why the stadium is happening? Because Usmanov and USM are not frigging paying for it. Everton are. With season ticket hikes, with financing through American banks.

The only contribution USM had to the stadium was an initial £30m for first refusal on naming rights. That £30m has already been paid.

Nowts happened. He hasn’t even been sanctioned in the UK. It’s business as usual but without the blag advertising. It’s always been blag advertising / sponsorship; you can’t even buy a Megafon product in the UK.

Removing a few letters before the name Finch Farm doesn’t make a blind bit of difference, although I guess it will pacify the people that are having cack attacks.
Let me tell you what that "nowt" has done: it's turned this club in football terms from a first world country into a third world country.

I understand people are dazed at the moment (and not just with football and not just with Everton) but you can forgot all this straw clutching about 'this is Usmanov's idea and we're boxing clever, the cash will still be there' or 'this is just for now - just a suspension'.

We've suffered a massive set back that will take us some coping with if we want to remain a football club. THAT is how bad it is IMO.

Let me tell you what that "nowt" has done: it's turned this club in football terms from a first world country into a third world country.

I understand people are dazed at the moment (and not just with football and not just with Everton) but you can forgot all this straw clutching about 'this is Usmanov's idea and we're boxing clever, the cash will still be there' or 'this is just for now - just a suspension'.

We've suffered a massive set back that will take us some coping with if we want to remain a football club. THAT is how bad it is IMO.

i really can’t take you for an everton fan anymore - tbh i didn’t think you was one anyway

Surely its gonna be dead easy to cope without the 70m a year USM are ploughing into the club? How hard can it be?

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.