Cazoo & Everton end their sponsorship early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cazoo itself is the result of a SPAC listing in the U.S. which are now viewed less than favourably. And their share price has dropped 41% from Feb 11th to today. It could be they have their own problems medium term and see recent events as a way out of their own funding issues.

Going by the article it sounds to me like Cazoo don't think we're worth 10m a season anymore and Everton don't think we're worth any less than that. I doubt this has been a case of Everton asking for more than 10m a season and Cazoo saying no. Interestingly though Villa aren't that far ahead of us and they're sticking with them.

Rumour has it we've signed a deal with usnn. The owner Mr Usnnanov said he's "very happy to be sponsoring such a historic, well run club. He's looking forward to meeting Mr Moshiri for the first time."

He also refrutes any claims that the logo and name look incredibly similar to usm and rejects all claims that he looks exactly like Mr Usmanov, with a fake mustache.

The club were previously in a position to virtually guarantee to sponsors a particular number of eyes on their sponsorship logos as the club finished mid table mostly every year. Sponsors will be less willing to accept this bargaining chip during negotiations as it stands.
An example from my own business life being, for every 10000 views on a website I owned it returned a certain amount very realiably, when things change and you can't get the eyes on your product any longer you have to move on.

This is all Russian links aside.
We are operating very much in the small fish market for sponsorship in any case though with not having an existing sleeve sponsor either and effectively losing USM it's more than concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.