Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky…

“But Everton held on to inflict Newcastle's first Premier League defeat in 10 games and clinch a crucial, morale-boosting victory which lifts them three points clear of the relegation zone.”

Sky need to grasp onto reality, I know they are the new luvva boys but seriously!

Absolutely deserved that 3 points, the officials were determined to screw us all night long. The fact that the Coleman body check wasn’t looked at but they took forever to send Allan off then barely took a look at the one on Gordon was utter horse crap

Alex Iwobi, I’ll never hear or say a bad word about the lad again, what composure after a brilliant flick from Dom

Massive massive credit to to Seamus, Keano, Mason and Big Ben, absolutely monster performance from the back line and utter calmness from Asmir in goal, that save from Guimaraes was worth the 3 points alone

Take this confidence into the Palace game on Sunday, get a couple more bodies back then go full throttle after the international break

UP THE TOFFEES!!!!!

The last win we had like that was Arsenal. Thought we’d turned the corner until we went away to Palace a few days later..

Am I the only one who thinks we defend better with Begovic in goal. Not saying he is a better keeper but perhaps better for our back line - bigger to claim things, calmer and communicates better.

Rachel Finnis Brown kind of hinted about it quite a lot without ever outright saying Pickford's name, that the lack of clean sheets were in part due to the goalkeeper not doing enough for his defence - then when interviewing Lampard at the end made a big point about the clean sheet. She should know - she was a decent keeper in her day.

Do we have a 100% record when someone ties themselves to the goalpost? I do remember beating arsenal when a fan did the same thing

Man City, we won 1-0, Gibson scored

Is right Brett. You are rightfully separating what you can control and what you can’t.

Please leave any advice in a response. Struggling here to not let Everton’s potential relegation affect me but could not help but tune in at 70mins and have still endured 45mins of pain.

Oil protesters.
There wasn’t much to it in my case mate. Once I had kids I knew I had to stop letting poor results ruin my weekend; I knew that meant I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the highs as much either but it was a trade I was willing to make.

I generally swerve the games, and when I don’t I always say to the missus that “I’ll turn over when we’re 2-0 down.” Unfortunately they seem to call my bluff more often than not these days!!!

Once my lads are a bit more grown up I may decide to reconnect with the club. Who knows where we’ll be by then!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.