Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it VAR is a total dog's breakfast.
Expect to get crapped on and the odd one we do get by mistake is a bonus - to be immediately punished by 9 more stupid ones.

Lee Mason (VAR) did check apparently and deemed it accidental.

06314D7E-55CC-43F3-AD66-D5D9E5751EF0.jpeg

Crystal Palace's second goal against Everton on Sunday afternoon was allowed to stand after it was adjudged that Wilfried Zaha's handball in the build-up was not deliberate.

Going to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist here but has anyone else noticed this?

That whenever any team is going through a season of complete turmoil; referees and officials display never-ending examples of 'Schadenfreude' and seem to love to target and shaft those teams only to compound their misery? Even just for the most marginal of decisions?

Crystal Palace's second goal against Everton on Sunday afternoon was allowed to stand after it was adjudged that Wilfried Zaha's handball in the build-up was not deliberate.

Not a part time VAR by any chance are you mate?
(#277)

Yep, Refs with top team agendas - Fa cup draws that magically keep all the top teams apart...
And today a champions league draw to benefit the very same teams that tried to destroy the European football system less than a year ago..
Too much money
The games gone.
Isn't it strange how for years we don't get the RS in the cup, then get them twice in the early rounds in 2 seasons in the early rounds. Certain teams will never play each other in the FA cup. It's strange how Sunderland won't draw Newcastle, you won't get a 2nd city derby in the fa cup or a millwall v west ham. The whole champions league is designed to keep certain teams in the competition and then designed to ensure the teams knocked out of it won the Europa League.

The problem is referees are part if the system, they aren't really independent. There's a difference between honest mistakes that should be random and bad decisions that fit a clear pattern. Clattenburg should of been banned for life from being a referee after the derby. He didn't make honest mistakes he made awful decisions that only benefited the RS. The problem is the financial model of the BPL is all about ensuring clubs with large numbers of armchair fans do well. The referees are scum, they simply protect the big teams, why was Niasse the only one to be punished for diving. The rugby authorities have got it right, its strange that what has worked out so well with rugby hasn't been applied to football.

I think this deserves its own thread because it’s getting beyond a joke now. This season in particular I’ve noticed things start to veer away from incompetence and into the realms of suspicious.

Last night was the most overtly bent display of refereeing I’ve seen in an Everton game since... well, since Chris Kavanagh the other week. And erm... whoever the clown shoes team on the VAR was against Southampton. I’m not normally a refereeing conspiracy theorist, but since the introduction of VAR I’m becoming more and more suspicious that there’s some sort of, how should I put it. “Special operation” going on to actually relegate us. Is it possible for an independent body to investigate what’s going on behind the scenes here as I feel like the Premier League and the referees association absolutely stink to high heaven.
Wouldn’t mind if they were corrupt then I’d understand the officials, however incompetence is rife !

Status
Not open for further replies.