Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who was in any doubt about us being relegated this season should have had any hope extinguished after this game.

Never going to win a match when you have a team with the combined iq of a pork scratching.

On the bright side, new stadiums, pints and pies to look forward to next season........

Coleman is awful. The fact that our alternative to him is even worse isn't a defence of Coleman. It's that kind of thinking across the club that has helped guide us to this low.

Patterson could seriously have helped us if we'd have used him, but we had to play captain Coleman.

The way I see it is, Patterson may make mistakes defensively, but from what I've seen of him, he certainly wouldn't make any more than Coleman, and unlike Coleman, he would give us proper width, balance and a forward option.

So we've spurned a chance for improvement by continuing to play Coleman and Kenny and now we only have the option of playing Coleman. Abysmal running of the club.
Your missing the fragility of this team. Throw him in and if he shows his own fragility it turns to farce. Can take some time to mentally recover.
Seamus is many things but fragile ain't one.
This season Seamus has proven his worth more than his mistakes and weaknesses. There's only a few others you could say the same about.

Can anyone shed any light on what happened on our bench tonight

Two young lads warmed up first half. One I presume was Price but who was the other. No it wasn’t dobbin!
But the subs named only had Price down so did we have someone drop out

Also Coleman didn’t warm up all evening so was he on the bench

And what is the exact point in El Ghazi - who didn’t warm up all night

Gomes and Keane were with the team as non players, but found the whole sub situation strange

Was sitting in a pub in Portugal watching the game ,no sound on... tell you what struck me....the quality of our crossing from both sides was horrendous...deep doo doo ?

Your missing the fragility of this team. Throw him in and if he shows his own fragility it turns to farce. Can take some time to mentally recover.
Seamus is many things but fragile ain't one.
This season Seamus has proven his worth more than his mistakes and weaknesses. There's only a few others you could say the same about.
No I'm not. The squad is beyond diabolical.

Wish I was watching the games that you were if Coleman has proven his worth more than his mistakes this season. Because it ain't the season I've been watching. Don't let the fact that he gives rallying cries and runs round a bit coupled with the fact he used to be good for us cloud your judgement.

He has been diabolical.

Keane
Holgate
Gomes
Iwobi
Tosun

All worse. More consistently bad, and over far longer periods. And all of them bar Holgate cost more too.

Try again.
With the exception of Tosun there wasn't the absolute certainty that the player wasn't good enough that there was with Doucoure.

And I don't know about longer, for Doucoure has been stinky from day one so hard to be worse than always crap. I guess you can maybe give a pass on the early part of this season when he was finding the net some but that was clearly not going to last and only covering up that his midfield play was still mostly crap.

He's just really bad and I can't stand it because of how obvious it was that it would happen.

Emm...... Coleman didn't start tonight or last game. The defence is a flipping shambles. How these frauds are sucking our Club dry with no product.

I am sick of these weapons but also of the abuse fired at Coleman even when he wasn't flipping playing.
That comment was in response to someone defending Coleman. It was just a few home truths. He has been just as bad as the rest of them when he'd played.

This,there were a number of timesin the gamewhen he stood still alongside their CB while a cross came in No attempt before that to move into space or give himself a better chance.
I had the same doubts about him, when we stopped the RS winning the league, he spent the whole time hiding behind VVD so nobody could spot him. The arrogance of the morons who thought that we could rely on him and not bring in a decent striker has cost us. Games like West Ham, Wolves, Villa, and plenty of others we have created chances yet not taking them. Remember when Lukaku scored at City a few years ago, they dominated the game, yet we hit them with a sucker punch and got a draw, this has been coming for a long time, it's not like we even have a Rooney to help is out.

Screenshot_2022-04-07-02-52-14-05_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

I am the Evertonian from Hong Kong, that i registered account because of the club lost the match.

I have been supporting the Blues since a 1-2 lost between Everton v Chelsea in 2009 FA Cup Final and the worst I’ve ever felt is when Rafael managed us.

For now....the Benitez effect....i knew he'd bring trouble at the start. we still didn't overcame that Spanish waiter.

BTW,Taking of Gordon with 15 minutes to go was nuts, our best player on the night...

What is truly frightening is that the lads really seemed to give their all against Burnley. You could see how devastated they were at the final whistle. And I can’t really blame Frank: he didn’t really get his tactics wrong.

Our heads go down when we’re playing away. That’s the bottom line. Carragher said last week that our players are psychologically weak and that they need to have the backing of the crowd to play well. That makes sense because we do play well at home under Frank and we’re dire away from home. We won our last home match and even when we’ve lost home matches under Frank we’ve given a good account of ourselves. When we lost to the champions last month we deserved a point and in fact we were robbed of a point.

I was reading earlier that between late September and late January we attained just 6 points. 6 points in four months! That’s when the damage was done, particularly in terms of the psychological deterioration of our players.

Let’s hope for a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday at Goodison against the Mancs. Win that and one or two others between now and the end of the season and we’ll likely stay up.

We were good attacking, but so frustrating that the finishing and the defense let us down.

Is it poor attitude/determination? I thought the lads were up for it. But we still made mistakes that cost us.
Is it poor mental strength? We attack and came back from behind when 1-nil down. BUT defensively, our defenders panic when anyone in the backline makes a mistakes. Nothing new. Nothing new.

Is it poor ability? Our attack was fine. It is our defense. The thing is it's not about the defense organisation, actually the shape was decent. The defenders kept their lines deep and look to block and clear crosses. The set up was actually good, since Burnley loves to put crosses in. But individual errors and then panic sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.