Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously yesterday was incredibly dispiriting but even a loss to lowly bottom shelf Burnley isn't super unexpectant not only because of the generally lackluster squad but also due to Everton's appalling away record initially forged by Benitez and the fact we had one natural midfielder playing. We've actually been formidable at home, and with some players returning like Allan and possibly mina I think we might be able to beat the drop despite the quality of teams that await to be played.
I wouldn’t say formidable but I’m hoping the same when we have our first choice 11 available.

So we need to beat Leicester, Palace, Brentford and either Chelsea or UTD at home to have a chance to stay up.

The Chelsea and UTD games I’d have looked at last season and thought we would get something.

The positives are Leicester, Brentford and Palace don’t really have anything to play for & hopefully Allan and Mina will both be back.

I can’t call UTD on Saturday. Hopefully we get a point at least but after last night I’m drained of optimism.

i get when people are saying we need points from this game etc. but that’s without teams below winning or it would be more

To put it bluntly, we can count on one hand the good signings of the last five years, whether at board, managerial or playing staff level. In a nutshell that is why we are going down.

Against United we have Allan back. After Saturday we have a 10 day break and will then have VDB and Mina back for Leicester. That’s the only chance we’ve got. Those 3 should between them make the defence more sturdy and give us some control in midfield.

Against United we have Allan back. After Saturday we have a 10 day break and will then have VDB and Mina back for Leicester. That’s the only chance we’ve got. Those 3 should between them make the defence more sturdy and give us some control in midfield.
people also forget even though Leicester has a superior squad they have also been plagued by injuries ,their quality has been incredibly inconsistent with them currently in 10th place so there's a chance to pick up points

We've won 3 matches since September. Relegation form in anyone's book. Really not quite sure how we have remained out of the bottom 3 in that time. That defeat last night was the most damaging of all. We need 4 points out of these next 2 home games before the derby.

My main worry about relegation isn't having to play the likes of Luton, Rotherham and Huddersfield for a season. This team will continue to make us angry and be pathetic next year if we stay up. I actually wouldn't mind going down if it provided us an opportunity to a complete reset. Ditch the lazy overpaid primadonnas (Richy aside), and build around the plenty of young talented players we have.

Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Welsh, Nkounkou, Price, Warrington, Onyango, Dobbin, Simms, Gordon etc.

The thing I fear is the catastrophic financial consequences of going down given our financial situation and the potential impact on the stadium - which we can't afford not to build and surely can't afford to build if we go down.

We're just crap and I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter how well we play there's always someone there to make an error that leads to goal and undo all the hard work the team put in. It's hard to even particularly blame them for some of the errors that happen. I'm not sure what more Frank Lampard and his team can do. I'd be considering resigning if I was them. Like legit what more can they do here? We've not even played badly the past two games. Same against City at home and yet no points.

Someone somewhere, the universe, fate or something else does not want us to win games and stay in the Premier league this season.

We all got the man we protested for (Lampard) he brought a great backroom team with him so none of us can really complain there and for some reason they just can't seem to get things going their way in games and now I'd guess their jobs are in jeopardy and we're all left scratching our heads.

I think the players, while uninspiring and crap as a unit genuinely do care and genuinely don't want the badge of "guys that relegated Everton" a club that is literally too good to go down... And not in the pat in the head way it was said about Stoke... We spent 500m, Carlo bloody Ancelloti was our manager last season and we finished 6 points of 6th and 8 pts off 4th!

Yet by some cruel twist of fate key players got arrested, Benitez was brought in against everyone's wishes, he sold/ fell out with any creative player we had even after losing "unnamed player" to jail and we've had more serious injuries than I think we've ever had in one Premier league season.

We're looking like we're going to go down and yet we still haven't even been in the relegation zone. It's mental. But it seems nailed on as I dunno how many chances /results going our way we get before our chances run out and we end up in the drop zone with little games left to play. It seems like if we stay up now it'll be a bloody miracle.

As I said someone or something doesn't want us to stay in the Premier league this season. its almost like a voodoo curse has been put on us, there is no other explanation for it all and I just don't care anymore bcuz there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it but just sit and watch it all unfold.

I'll deal with it come the end of the season whatever way it plays out but for now I'm not even gonna watch any more games. There's no point. Even if we stay up it'll feel hollow and purely because 3 teams were amazingly worse than us.

Last edited:
This hasn't even been the issue..

The problem has been teams exposing Kenny because he's hot trash and our attackers mainly DCL and Richarlison cannot score in open play.

We scored 2 penalties last night, albeit they were penalties but without them would we have scored a goal?

I can't continue on this path of, but if we get a point here or a point there then this will happen

We are going down, prepare for it now so it hurts less when it does happen.

If we stay up it is by miracle and miracle only, we certainly don't deserve it. We do (fans) the players don't. Don't even think it's cause they don't care I believe it's because they just aren't good enough and many of them have been vastly overrated for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.