Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not done for yet, but admittedly the challenge is getting harder by the week. The home games are key;
United, Leicester, Chelsea, Brentford, Palace.
If we could get 9-10 points from them and somehow get one win away, or even a point at Watford, I still think we’ll be ok.
I’m seeing tomorrow as a free hit. Allan returning but still no Mina or VDB. A 10 day break before Leicester is time for those 2 to hopefully get fit. VDB brings much needed composure to midfield and Mina is our best centre back.
Granted there’s a lot of ‘ifs’ and ‘hopefullys’ in there, but all is not lost!

No. There are no free hits left.

We’re not done for yet, but admittedly the challenge is getting harder by the week. The home games are key;
If we could get 9-10 points from them and somehow get one win away, or even a point at Watford, I still think we’ll be ok.
I’m seeing tomorrow as a free hit. Allan returning but still no Mina or VDB. A 10 day break before Leicester is time for those 2 to hopefully get fit. VDB brings much needed composure to midfield and Mina is our best centre back.

You don't get free hits in our position, not even at Anfield

Which is why we are absolutely done for

Ok- free hit is probably the wrong phrase, I mean we’re not necessarily done for even if we get beat tomorrow and end the weekend in the bottom 3.

I think the minute we drop into the bottom 3 we are done. These players couldn't get motivated to run the extra mile on Wednesday. How will they react with character to going into the drop zone in April. They are weak and either can't cope with the pressure, or don't care.

We need a result tomorrow. Probably needs to be a win, but at least something. You keep losing at this point and you're gone.

I think we need to win 3/5 at home and get a couple of draws or a win away.

We've lost 8 of 10. We now can't lose more than 4 of 9, and have to go to Anfield and Emirates. I don't think we are remotely capable of that sort of improvement.

On the flip side, Burnley have only won 4 games in 29. Nothing from this season suggests they will now win say 3-4 in their final 9 games.

They do have it in them to draw though. So even 2 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses gives them 9 more points - 33 points. We'd only need to match them in that case. 2 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses for us or 3 wins, 6 losses. I think that's possible - 34 points.

I also don't see Watford getting 13 points from 24, which they'd need to get 35 points and ahead of the 34 I'm saying we'd need in the scenario above.

I think the minute we drop into the bottom 3 we are done. These players couldn't get motivated to run the extra mile on Wednesday. How will they react with character to going into the drop zone in April. They are weak and either can't cope with the pressure, or don't care.

We need a result tomorrow. Probably needs to be a win, but at least something. You keep losing at this point and you're gone.

Can only see 1 point from next 3 really....26 points after 32 games potentially says it all and is very grim.

Said this earlier in the week. If we at any point drop into the bottom 3 we aren’t coming out.

We need a win tomorrow. Otherwise it heaps pressure on us to win vs Leicester. This group can’t deal with that added pressure each winless game brings. Points need to go on the board sooner rather than later.

It is still in our own hands with nearly a quarter of the season to play.
We have been useless against poor teams so playing the better teams isn't going to make that much difference. It isn't as if our form is going o disimprove.

Spot on, this is exactly how we have to think and spur the players on.

We can do it.

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.