2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty defeatist downbeat comments from Frank in pre match interview on Sky. Hope he isn’t like in that in the dressing room.
Didn't see it but thought he was the same in his pre-Leicester press conference when he mentioned our next two games being against the RS and Chelsea, then said he thinks our relegation battle will go on to the final game of the season. Horrible fear it will all be done and dusted by then.

I was in a minority who, about a year ago, supported giving EH a go, only to be laughed out of here. He’s done a great job at the barcodes. OK, they spent a bit of money in January, but it’s not as if he’s signed Mbappe and Messi. Getting in an experienced PL manager has proved a sensible move, but again, his appointment was generally laughed at on here. We’re not laughing now. Frank needs a miracle from somewhere.

You listed Pickford, Mina, Richarlison, DCL, Gray, Allan and Doucoure as all to be sold this summer.

They all start in our best side, probably bar Gray (and that's only because of his form atm)

Pickford 2 years on his contract
Mina 1 year on his contract
Richarlison 2 years on his contract
DCL major injury concerns
Gray 2 years on his contract
Allan 1 year on his contract
Doucoure 1 yr on his contract (1yr option)

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to predict they should all get moved on. Unless Pickford and Richarlison extend.

If we go down selling 6/7 of are first team would be absolutely stupid. As much as people like to say we’re crap, and we have championship players already is just stupid. This team has just massively underperformed. Are they great, No!. But their is still enough quality in our team that we should be finishing mid table. Rafael messed things up, and Lampard has done pretty much nothing. If we would have kept Carlo we wouldn’t be in this mess, even if Digne and James we’re still sold. It’s crazy that when Lampard took over Newcastle we’re in the bottom 3 and now their 9th.

It took Howe 9 games to win 2 games + £100mil.

I was in a minority who, about a year ago, supported giving EH a go, only to be laughed out of here. He’s done a great job at the barcodes. OK, they spent a bit of money in January, but it’s not as if he’s signed Mbappe and Messi. Getting in an experienced PL manager has proved a sensible move, but again, his appointment was generally laughed at on here. We’re not laughing now. Frank needs a miracle from somewhere.
Eddie Howe was derided on here by many. He's an excellent manager with a demonstrable track record of achievement. But we were too good for him, apparently. We are getting what we asked for. We appointed a novice on the basis of PR. The outcome is entirely predictable.

Pickford 2 years on his contract
Mina 1 year on his contract
Richarlison 2 years on his contract
DCL major injury concerns
Gray 2 years on his contract
Allan 1 year on his contract
Doucoure 1 yr on his contract (1yr option)

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to predict they should all get moved on. Unless Pickford and Richarlison extend.

It took Howe 9 games to win 2 games + £100mil.
Really? On who exactly?

Being brutally honest, Lampard has been a disaster. He shouldn't have been appointed and should have been sacked by now. I've seen nothing from him that inspires any confidence that we can stay up. I hope that changes today but can't see it. If we get battered then, for me, he needs to go.

No guarentee eddie howe would have kept this squad up. Until he got his hands on that 100m they were just as bad.
Im not saying he's a bad manager though. I just think this Everton squad is THAT bad. Very little up front. A midfield of no guile pace or goals. And the defence. Christ dont even start me on the defence.

Its a complete rebuild job. Scary times.

Status
Not open for further replies.