2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's contact all players are told to go down, or the ref simply won't give you the decision.....top players at top clubs do it all the time....

I don't think that's the issue with Gordon though. It's more that he's always looking for the foul and stepping across players and dangling a leg to get the contact to go down and the fact it just looks to obvious. He's no Vardy.

Apart from being a very good footballer, i love the snide in him.

Lovely stuff
Absolutely, work rate too.

Just needs to tidy up his diving. I'm not aversed to players ' winning ' penalties.

Everything else about the lad is already first class (attitide on the pitch, effort, willingness to tackle and back track, width, pace etc) or at least very promising (finishing, goals, leadership of the team).

If we stay up, he's been a factor.

Gets labelled a diver yet Salah gets called world class. Salah the biggest diver in world foo

Salah has been called a diver for years as well. If you throw yourself down like that you're going to get labelled.

Unless you're as skilled at is as someone like Vardy.

Salah has been called a diver for years as well. If you throw yourself down like that you're going to get labelled.

Unless you're as skilled at is as someone like Vardy.
Salah is absolutely a diver in the Suarez mould as is Dan James at Leeds, Trezeguet at Villa, Podence at Wolves, etc. Every club seems to have them nowadays. Not surprising when you see a bloke like Neymar being the biggest of all and getting away with it most of the time. Gordon has been going down far too easy all season. It caught up with him last weekend. He needs to tidy that side of his game up.

Status
Not open for further replies.