2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I was massively supportive of his appointment but then had a bit of a wobble when we were getting our pants pulled down by Newcastle. Frank has shown that he is willing to engage in the dark arts to get the results and I'm absolutely all for it.

If this season has taught us anything it is that outside of the club we are seen as the "Millwall of the North". Totally undeserved because we are nothing like them but for some reason it really seems that everyone hates us.

I love seeing opposition fans seething about Gordon or Richarlison, it means they're ruffling feathers. For too long we've been a soft touch, nice boys club. It's time to throw all that in the bin and relish being the pantomime villain that we seem to get painted as.
I agree on people seething about Richarlson and Gordon, forget being liked, being liked is for losers. Winners don't care, they just care about winning.

Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep! We need to be proper snide from here on in!

I’d say getting into the playoffs in your first ever job is not too bad, no matter what players you have. Also then getting into the top 4 and CL isn’t too bad either.
That is more than some others managers did to get their first chance.
Also getting an Everton team in the bottom 4/5 would not be classed as a top job at the time, It was a brave decision by someone who has the guts to take it on.

Would we be in this position under Rafael maybe/maybe not. One thing is for certain is that if we’re in this position under Rafael we definitely would not have a chance of getting out. He would have been very blasé about it and showed no passion, and the crowd would have given up by now and turned the other way.
Great post, Not only did he take the job on knowing we were shot in confidence terms but also did not have any pattern of play which would get results.

In 3 months, he has completely changed the culture and attitude of the team into one with heart and passion. We look like a team.

I do hope the debate about whether he should be sacked if the worst happens now goes away.

Frank has shown enough to be given the chance to build a squad which can challenge for honours which will not happen overnight.

Frank got everything right today, and I'm sorry I don't agree ehat you say about him, the players are behind him if you were in the ground today like I was you will have seen that. Uninspiring is a word I would use for Benitez, and I was a person who would have given him a chance.

I would stick with Frank now relegated or not. Look at Moyes appointment from Preston, young and unproven and we all grew together. I think Frank could hopefully be that for us, we need stability and direction we can't keep chopping managers.

UTFT!!!
How and why in the name of Zeus are you still here lol
“I’m saying that, on paper, he is quite obviously a far superior manager.” It is of course played on grass, not paper.

Whatever happens, this is the man for the future
Agreed Tim, I don't always agree with your posts, but, we are on the same page with regard to Lampard. Even if we go down, he is still the man for the rebuild, in my opinion.

He is going to have to rebuild from a very poor starting point, he will be hamstrung with regards to offering big wages to attract players, so, he will have to build a younger team who are quicker and more aggressive than our current group of players. He is the right age profile to take on a long term rebuild and he has the profile in the game, from a time within the knowledge of the current crop of young players, to perhaps attract some of the better ones.

Great win, we needed it for sure! I'm confident that we'll win our two remaining home games, but we'll need to pick up some away wins to stay up imo.

That'll keep the Lampard is a worse manager than Benitez muppets quiet for now though!lol
Unfortunately my rebel friend, it will not, the Benitez brigade will continue to make excuses for him ad infinitum.

He doesn't use phenomenal in every sentence which is a start nor look like he's come off a shift serving paella all night.

The big test is if he can attract the players we need with the new DOF. Unless moshers reverts to type and signs Andy Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.