2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ramping it up on BBC 'redmen' breakfast- top sport headline richy throws a flare ???? into crowd.
Hardly surprising with horsey Sal sat on the couch, must be doing editorial work today too.
The BBC Sport website says he threw the flare into an area with no fans, and cites Harvey Elliott getting a warning letter after he did something similar, so obviously just the BBC breakfast people stirring up trouble. They didn't even mention it on MOTD. I must confess I thought he might get sent off when he did it. I remember Carragher throwing a coin back into the crowd and getting sent off. Not the same, but I couldn't see where he'd thrown it.

The press are pushing this one, I think he’ll get a ban because of it, Ronaldo slapped a phone out of a kids hand the other week and nothing happens. This’ll prove if there is a vendetta or not.
Then mendy should get a ban too...which is highly unlikely.

He wont get a ban for that. It was obvious that he was just excited in the moment and didn't mean anything malicious. Slap on the wrist and don't do it again imo.

Obviously this means less ?
i.jpeg.jpg

If he gets anything more than a warning for that then the club need to do something. My only concern is that we are obviously working with the PL closely around our finances and the club might feel they have been lenient with us on that so it may be better not to rock the boat

Harvey Elliott did something similar in the League Cup final. Can't find anything about punishment though. He was asked about it by the FA but doesn't seem to have been punished
I could be wrong as I didn’t see it, but I don’t think Elliot threw a smoke flare. That’s a massive difference. Picking it up is no issue to me, throwing it in the direction of fans is reckless.

As I said, I think it was very stupid at a time we can’t afford to lose him. He’s given the FA a decision to make.

That being said, if we stay up, it’s one hell of an iconic moment.

I was out with a few old mates last week , all of them RS and all whingeing about Richy. He is public enemy No.1 for them, so no surprise to see this campaign to get him punished. Having watched the video it is clear that he threw it towards the gap in the corner by the Church rather than "into the crowd".

I think he’ll be alright, it’s just another case of stupid media hype making a story out of nothing.
The only thing I can sympathise with is Burnley/Leeds fans saying he shouldn’t have been playing after that kick out against Henderson because that really was stupid and should’ve been a red, everything else is just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.