2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting on my tinfoil hat. He's just done an interview with Sky, answering fun questions. One was about his idol. He named Henry.

Now I could just be being daft, but it's grabbed a lot of headlines. Good chance this makes the Arsenal fans like him and welcome him.

Putting on my tinfoil hat. He's just done an interview with Sky, answering fun questions. One was about his idol. He named Henry.

Now I could just be being daft, but it's grabbed a lot of headlines. Good chance this makes the Arsenal fans like him and welcome him.
There’s been a lot of talk in the media that he fancies Arsenal. They seem to have cooled their interest if reports are to be believed but I imagine they would take him at the right price. As would many other PL teams.

Odd one. If he was got enough for the bench why did Rondon come on?

I’m not saying it was the wrong choice, I think Rondon does work harder than DCL is at the moment and has better touch and link up play but I would have thought Lampard might have wanted to use DCL to challenge for some high clearances. Unless he wasn’t fit, but then what’s the point of having him on the bench? To chase the game?

I’m not saying it was the wrong choice, I think Rondon does work harder than DCL is at the moment and has better touch and link up play but I would have thought Lampard might have wanted to use DCL to challenge for some high clearances. Unless he wasn’t fit, but then what’s the point of having him on the bench? To chase the game?
It tells you rondon is ahead of him in the squad now.

So for whatever reason it proves to be why, he isn't playing now because he is dropped.

I think he is fit, but just no use for the battle we have, Rondon can do what we need but sadly it seems only for the last 25 minutes.
DCL is better used as a starter but unfortunately even if he is fully fit, his starts are not what we need, it's backs to the wall full on fight and commitment now, it's not in his game.
He might be OK at a top team with nothing else to worry about but score, put him in Arsenal's side he would do better

I think Lampard has accepted that his season is a write-off, regardless of what happens next. If it is because he indeed wants away then it makes sense to keep him off the pitch.

Like Alli, I think he's only on the bench in case of emergency, at least until we're safe of danger.

Lampard seems to have identified the core of players that he can trust to fight for him.
This

It seems a very simple process, but barring injuries our starting xi has been probably a core of 13 players since Burnley away.

Iwobi, Holgate, Mykolenko, Delph & Coleman have played every game they have been availible for!

Like Alli, I think he's only on the bench in case of emergency, at least until we're safe of danger.

Lampard seems to have identified the core of players that he can trust to fight for him.
Does strike me that certain players who are not playing are not playing for a reason beyond unspecified injury.

Gomes , van de beek, lewen, el
ghazi off the top of my head just nowhere near the team. The likes of Keane dropped as we have saw recently.

Perhaps (Carlo aside) , this is the first manager we have hired that is an actual manager not afraid to make decisions and to drop players who deserve to be dropped. For so long we have shoehorned players in that haven't been worth it but cost money. Now the side has fight , certain few names have dropped off the radar on matchday.

I'd expect Davies to come in and play before the end of the season, fitness pending. We already know he will fight in the side.

Thierry Henry was my favourite player growing up. Doesn't mean I support Arsenal.

Thierry Henry was my favourite player growing up. Doesn't mean I support Arsenal.
No, it doesn't and like I said, I could be being daft. But it certainly doesn't hurt to put that out there and have the media repeat it.

I would've expected his idol to be a midfielder too, with him starting off as a midfielder.

As I said, maybe there's absolutely nothing in it. But it's just very coincidental that he mentions an Arsenal legend, when he's been touted with a move there all season. No harm in it, it's all part of the trade etc.

Maybe it's the fact that everytime he plays he gets injured and lampard is aware of that, personally I hope he stays because I think he's great and completely different to all the other strikers we've got, he can finish, just needs the service.

I think we hang onto him for another season to be honest, given his performers and injuries this year he's not at what we could get for him at top market value and be a pain to replace. Unless someone comes in and gives us something stupid.

Wouldnt be opposed to flipping Tosun and looking at someone like Batshuyi on a free, who has worked with Frank or id go hard for Nketiah if he decides to leave Arsenal who is also on a free, Brereton Diaz is also on a free meaning wed have DCL, Rondon and another. While we could focus likely limited funds we have for the summer elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.