Burnley lose to Spurs

We draw with Palace
Burnley draw with Villa

Leeds beat Brentford
We lose to Arsenal
Burnley beat Newcastle

We go down by a point left ruing a missed opportunity against Watford C team

Everton that

I'm not going to argue that those results aren't possible, because they could happen and anything is possible. But we are perfectly capable of winning one of our 2 home games, and we are capable of a result in any of our 3 games.

We need to get back to basics. One game at a time and do everything we can to win on Sunday. I like our chances at Goodison, but we need to expect the worst case scenarios from our rivals. Anything else can lead to complacency and going in with the wrong mindset.

Sunday is a big day, but whatever happens we won't be down. It's 1 game at a time.

When Carlo Ancelotti arrived. Being the absolute class manager he was. He said in an interview a third of the way into the season that out of the two ways to play football if you boil it down is play with possession or sit in and counter he said that he chose us to sit deep and counter because out the two choices we were really poor in possession. Don't have the right players or quick enough defenders and wing backs to effectively play quickly and to recover from a high line. Zero creativity. Players not talented enough to play with the ball quickly enough to break the lines.

So he chose countering.

That is a world class manager choosing what he thinks his squad can do the best and focusing on that.

Thats actually what we good at.

So it makes sense that we do ok against bigger teams because they generally have the most ball and when we come up against a team that gives us all the ball. We are useless.

So we might get a result at Arsenal then.

it is but i think myself leeds win it’s difficult to get 4 points which is what we need

Look at it this way a couple of games ago if you said we will need 4 points from 3 games we would have taken it all day long. It is in our hands, personally I think we need 3 points (may even turn out to be 2) and that will be enough as I don't think Burnley and Leeds are going to both win their remaining games.

Last night was 100% a case of 2 points dropped and absolutely not good enough. Lampard is trying to make excuses saying the players were tired, and whilst I do believe that was likely a factor, it's still not a valid excuse considering what we were up against. 1 goal would have done it and the manager himself should take the most blame because this obsession he has with playing 3 CBs is just madness. He should realised after that absolutely dire 45 mins against Boreham Wood, a non-league side, that it absolutely can't work with the squad we have. If he tries it again in any of the remaining fixtures then we won't even get 3 more points.

We still only need 4 more to be definitely alright, Leeds can only finish on 40 now but with that goal difference it basically means they have to hope both us and Burnley lose 2 of our remaining games. Even if that scenario happens, how are Leeds beating Brighton or Brentford currently with all their problems?!

Nobody should be panicking, that will only negatively impact the team. Last night just prolongs the anxiety without condemning us to anything. Win on Sunday against Brentford (whom we've already spanked a few months ago) and we'll feel a hell of a lot better.

disagree pressure on us now
How can the pressure be on us now anymore than Leeds and Burnley when it was on us when we were five adrift but now were two clear its still on us. The pressure remains the same unless both Burnley and leeds win before we play Brentford.

The opinion police out in full force on Twitter. The arrogance. To claim they don’t care what people have to say , they have an awful lot to say about other opinions. Just F off. And people are behind the team ffs. I can’t believe these people are saying that after what’s happened the last week.

We are not safe yet and I understand the concerns certain fans have (I have them too).

But things are starting to work against Burnley to an extent, and massively against Leeds - and that is that they are both running out of games to get themselves out of this and Leeds have really got themselves in a hole with their horrendous goal difference.

Both of them can now only get to 38 or 40 points (assuming Spurs beat Burnley which I am confident they will...because if people are going to have Burnley beating Spurs away unexpectedly then you could just then say we will beat Arsenal. Neither will happen).

So if we get to 39 points which is just one win out of those 2 home games, it's then on BOTH Burnley and Leeds to get maximum points from their last 2 games and it's just extremely unlikely. Its far more unlikely that they would both get 6 points from 6 than we would get 4 points from 9 with Brentford and Palace at home to play.

We are almost there, the crowd will be right behind us for both home games and I expect us to win at least one of them games which will almost certainly secure our safety.

Last edited:
Honestly one point might be enough. GD vs Leeds is massive. Leeds won’t win their last two and might well lose both, or draw both, in latter case given GD we are already safe.

It is still in our hands, decent result Sunday will see it done. Brighton should beat Leeds.

The opinion police out in full force on Twitter. The arrogance. To claim they don’t care what people have to say , they have an awful lot to say about other opinions. Just F off. And people are behind the team ffs. I can’t believe these people are saying that after what’s happened the last week.

What do you mean?

I haven't seen as much support for the team, and in particular the manager, since before Moshiri arrived.

We need to win on Sunday. Its doubtful that Leeds and Burnley will win all their remaining games, but while the gap is less than 3 points, we are not safe. We definitely don't want to have to rely on getting anything from Arsenal on the final day.

Status
Not open for further replies.