Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As soon as the second half kicked off and I saw us with two banks of four and everyone behind the ball I was worried.

I know we’re not good enough to play our normal game with 10, but there’s no way we needed to be that defensive at that stage. I believe Lampard cost us points against Watford and I’ll stop short of saying the same here because it’s a tough call to make at HT in this game but I personally would rather see us going out on our sword than parking the bus and praying.
Yeah, he started it that way for about 90 seconds but quickly shifted back to leaving 3 back and gaps between midfield and defence. Our team doesn't work hard enough from the front to do that. But I disagree about going out on our sword against 10 men and being 2-1 up. It's asking for it and here we are.

This loss is totally unfair imo, we were smashing them
I know that losing a man can have an indirect effect on fatigue, etc, but neither of their second half goals had anything to do with them using their numerical advantage.

I think we could have seen this out, or made a far better fist of it than this, had we been braver in our second half approach and been quicker to make changes when required (most notably taking an obviously knackered Gordon off).

Status
Not open for further replies.