Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the refs all you like but this lot are the real reason we are in the deep stuff...idiotic moments just about every game this season.

Just got to hope they can dig out some sort of performance against Palace - wouldn't bet against Leeds getting a result against Brentford.
we can blame the Burnley, West Ham games etc, but the Watford game was the one they are dire at home and we should have gone full on to win that, I feel Frank was set up more not to lose than to win that one hope we don’t regret that one.

Grrr! Obviously disappointed but we've got to get over it and get ready for Thursday. Hopefully we can keep 11 on the pitch. Can't let this go to the last day FFS.

I'm rocking a Dyche profile next season aren't I? Ffs.
Sorry mate, I'm not holding you to that nonsense. We've all suffered enough.

But, there is something very broken with the way this club has recruited and conditioned the players.

One of my issues with hiring Lampard is that great players often can't relate to the mediocre ones. He's set us up badly once we've gone in front, a suicidal high line that was always going to be inviting for Toney to run behind. The whole game hinges on Branthwaite being five yards the wrong side of Toney and never being in a position to recover.

I am certain it goes to the final game of the season and I am genuinely concerned at the starting eleven we will put out, the game management we'll use and the lack of options from the bench.

it’s all arbitrary in the face of corruption, split hairs about Lampards tactics or the players all you want but that’s not the story today i’m afraid

Lampard really is as terrible as any other manager we've had recently
??
Game was comfy.

Cant compensate for that officiating and that brainless defending from Branthwaite.

We parked the bus all game after that. What more can he do there?

Only question is Doucoure and Gomes but again, if Allans nursing an injury (he always is), he has Dele Alli left in him, who has no desire to play football.

Palace have the incentive of beating us to go above their hated rivals Brighton, they are currently 3 points behind them with a game in hand and a better goal difference.
That worries me.

It’s still very much in our hands, we need a massive massive effort on Thursday, from everyone
Yeah Frank needs to get that right, Brentford to me early on didn’t look up for today’s game, but after the red card they knew it would be easier so they basically had fun with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.