Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can people say it’s not a penalty?!!!!

There were about 50 pens given last season for precisely that. What’s happened since then? Give over! Screwed. Again.

…and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

Need to not feel sorry for ourselves, focus on Thursday. Last chance saloon.
That shirt pull was more a penalty than the actual given penalty. I know what you mean but people can’t complain when that crap decision has cost us. Still in our hands.

I think we are relying on Brentford to get something from Leeds....

If Leeds win we are down, I don`t think we are getting 2 points from palace and Arsenal.

How can people say it’s not a penalty?!!!!

There were about 50 pens given last season for precisely that. What’s happened since then? Give over! Screwed. Again.
There are shirt pulls and shirt pull, little tugs do tend to be let go. Richys shirt was almost pulled off, definitely a pen and that meant no sending of to Braithwaite. Game was better with no VAR it doesn’t seem to help much at all

Game was never comfy. Don't know where you get that from. We started well but there was no way we were keeping that tempo going for 90 mins.
The shirt tug was 50:50 but to some of fans it was a pen because the tug on our donkey was bigger than the tug on theirs. Then we had some inexperienced defending by Braithwaite and we were up against it. Throw in some crap from Lampard who was utterly inept in the circumstances and we got what we deserved in those two mins.
I agree you can't compensate for brain dead morons like Rondon but the game was already lost by then. Still, confident we'll stay up because Leeds will not beat Brentford at their place.

At 1-0, we were well in control. it was comfortable. Absolutely comfortable.

The pen I agree with, could have been given or not. Then braindead defending from Brnathwaite. Braindead.

At 1-0 we were absolutely in control of the game. They only created that chance because Branthwaite decided it was a good idea to stand four yards ahead of toney, in their half, so that Toney would be miles onside and he'd have ground he couldn't make up. As soon as we go down to 10 men, with now FOUR centrebacks unavailable (Keane, Mina, Godfrey and then Branthwaite). It wa salways going to be parking the bus with what we have got.

Could have brought kenny on for gomes maybe? Have Iwobi in centre mid. I'm not sure how much changes as Iwobi worked his arse off again.

We got the tactics spot on from the start. You cannot legislate for poor officiating and braindead moments. We were so comfortable. I nevert think we are comfortable (evidenced today why). At 1-0, we looked confident, moving the ball well, ready to go get another.

If the ref does his job, it goes to 10v10 and we score the pen, 2-1 up and i think we win the game.

As regards the Penalty incident, if Everton get giving a penalty against us... I'm bloody raging. Can't get penalty's for that, I know we are desperate but never ever ever a pen in my eyes.

Brainthwaite just got caught wrong side. As for Thomas Frank's tactical changes, bloody brilliant management.

We are still crap and also our manager is still crap. He has lost us a few must-wins and should-wins with his inexperience and i'll have little to praise him for if we do avoid the drop, i'd be scared for the start of next season.

Don't think anyone played bad, tactics in second half were too negative. I understand it and all, but far too deep for me.

Regardless, it should have been a pen and Vs 11. It weren't even looked at ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.