Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time palace beat us at goodison was 2014

Bolasie scored the winner

Thought it was sooner. Can remember Benteke scoring a late goal in one of the lockdown seasons and Pickford also saving a last minute penalty from Milojoevic in another season.

General record down at Selhurst is pretty terrible so overall not the best record v them compared to other clubs around them in the table.

They're a tricky team to play, the two previous games this season say it all so it's certainly one to try to knick a goal and hang on for dear life rather than make it a basketball match imo.

Oh and keep 11 on the pitch at all costs.

Drew with Villa who have nothing to play for and everybody's acting like we playing city.

Think its more cause we're utter turd mate.

Palace have some good footballers. Olise, Eze and then Zaha who just decides to turn up when he wants.

They're a decent team, but its winnable. I just dont fnacy our group to go and win it.

Palace have some good footballers. Olise, Eze and then Zaha who just decides to turn up when he wants.

They're a decent team, but its winnable. I just dont fnacy our group to go and win it.
Weren't turd with 11 men today,i think we would have won easy today with 11 on the pitch.

Drew with Villa who have nothing to play for and everybody's acting like we playing city.

It's more on the cup game and one in December surely?

O.K FA cup wasn't that important this year but Lampard still put out a very strong team down there and as soon as went 1 down were ripped to shreds.

Giving likes of Zaha space to run into won't be a very good idea, him v Iwobi likely decides this match.

They have a pretty strong defensive unit aswell, conceded less than Arsenal and West Ham so can't see them gifting goals like Brentford did.

Weren't turd with 11 men today,i think we would have won easy today with 11 on the pitch.

Yeah I agree, we started well and looked a threat which we haven't been doing even in the games where we've been 110mph.

It's just generally, when the onus is on to go and win and attack, we struggle. This group has always struggled in that way.

I'm with you that it's winable but it's still a big ask. A lot of it comes down to how bothered they are about the game. If they turn up and play at their best, it's going to be difficult for us to get 3 points. Every chance they won't though so here's hoping.

we had 12 men to play against today
We started really well today and, crucially, got the early goal. What that did for us at the time was show that we could be safe with games still to go and so we could play with a bit of freedom. Red card defo changes things and the rest is history.

My concern now (aside from the threadbare squad) is how they manage the weight of expectation. There is no more buffer. Not a chance we’re getting anything off Arsenal so we simply have to win v Palace. If we don’t start well and/or get an early goal I think we’re going to find it really hard, especially as the game goes on and they’ve got the likes of Eze, Olise and Zaha stretching our knackered/patchwork back line.

We should have been braver against Watford and got points in the bag. Better game management (in particular taking Gordon off earlier) COULD have got us a point today but hard to make that argument with much conviction.

Bottom line, it’s midnight on Sunday and we haven’t even started our homework yet. Bleak.

Status
Not open for further replies.