Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you don't understand why people are shocked that this isn't given as a penalty then I don't know what to say mate.

I don't think the issue is that it isn't a foul. Referees aren't looking for fouls though. They referee the whole picture and if you're standing up it isn't being given.

Said it in the relegation thread before I knew about all of these racist incidents. Brentford let Leeds win on Sunday because of the fireworks and now all these reports coming to light.

If anybody knows who the culprits are, speak up. We’re supposed to be better than that!
Brentford can't just let Leeds win. But just say that the unthinkable happens and we loose our remaining matches. And Leeds do beat Brentford. Then the powers that be at Everton go through the Brentford match with a fine tooth comb. Anything off or suspicious , then we sue everybody. We take Brentford....Leeds......the PL to the cleaners. But I can't believe that that will happen.
But just in case Leeds manage to raise their game and beat Brentford , we step up and beat Palace. Just beat C.Palace....render the matches next Sunday meaningless to us......Up the Toffees.....

I do not understand today, I just don't get it.

We got a couple of theirs booked earlyish today, (how Oliver never made a booking for the penalty - or did he and I missed it?) why not focus on stretching those players? Richarlison and Gordon straight at them every chance? Keep on the refs back, force the issue, egg the crowd on, bump up the temperature, why?

Whats Gomes doing pretending to play? another nothing show. It has to be a midfield three Frank, it simply has to be, how can you be so conservative away to Watford then start the game with 10.5 men? Asking, no begging for trouble.
Doucoure Alli Iwobi theres your midfield three. Got enough legs to close the space down and try to limit Eriksen. Alli has proven to have a nastier side and could have been useful looking to wind up theirs on a booking.

Got today all wrong, and theres real pressure on Thursday, going into it desperate and desperate leads to mistakes. It never had to be this way.

Edit: Though far from a world class performance I'll give credit to DCL for soldiering on when he is clearly unfit, and theres a bit of understanding for Rondon in the same way, clearly rusty as a sunken barge. Daft challenge but I understand why he was trying for it.

They are not and never have been Everton fans, supporters, or followers. Be gone and good riddance.
They absolutely are and that makes it even worse, saying "they're not one of us" is ignoring the issue, accepting we have some ignorant, thick scum supporting us is as real as the 99% who have been amazing.

I do not understand today, I just don't get it.

We got a couple of theirs booked earlyish today, (how Oliver never made a booking for the penalty - or did he and I missed it?) why not focus on stretching those players? Richarlison and Gordon straight at them every chance? Keep on the refs back, force the issue, egg the crowd on, bump up the temperature, why?

Whats Gomes doing pretending to play? another nothing show. It has to be a midfield three Frank, it simply has to be, how can you be so conservative away to Watford then start the game with 10.5 men? Asking, no begging for trouble.
Doucoure Alli Iwobi theres your midfield three. Got enough legs to close the space down and try to limit Eriksen. Alli has proven to have a nastier side and could have been useful looking to wind up theirs on a booking.

Got today all wrong, and theres real pressure on Thursday, going into it desperate and desperate leads to mistakes. It never had to be this way.

Edit: Though far from a world class performance I'll give credit to DCL for soldiering on when he is clearly unfit, and theres a bit of understanding for Rondon in the same way, clearly rusty as a sunken barge. Daft challenge but I understand why he was trying for it.
That’s a pretty awful midfield 3 to be honest. Would get absolutely walked through. Not that ours today didn’t, but still.

Well, thank God I didn't watch that game, because judging by the highlights I think I hardly could restrain myself from throwing huge tantrum at this Michael f Oliver... I can't comprehend how is that mild, not a brutal foul by Branthwaite resulted in the straight red, and not a single yellow for 'pocketing' Richarlison when pen was given, not to mention Brentford got away with that shirt pulling on him which was just there in the open, in the penalty zone ?

I don't think the issue is that it isn't a foul. Referees aren't looking for fouls though. They referee the whole picture and if you're standing up it isn't being given.
Fouls are being given for that all the time mate. Seen it countless times. Every bit as blatant a pen as the Man City one.

True.
However, This clear injustice from the ref cannot be used as a smokescreen to deflect away from truly rank performances from a number of players today. Doucoure, DCL, Gordon dreadful. Rondon not even worthy of criticism as he was on so short a time and one hopes is now finished as an Everton player with a straight red.
In case you haven't noticed in recent weeks, rank BAD decisions DO change games.

A penalty given and converted against Man City would in all likelihood given us a point.

A penalty at Analfield and converted at 0-0 would certainly have changed the dynamic of the game completely.

A penalty given at 1-0 and converted, with the subsequent non-sending off whould have changed the momentum of the gam with 11 v 11, and we likely would have gone on to score another one or two.

All of the above are not smokescreens, they are blatant injustices, unforgiveable wrong decisions that have gone against us. Is it any wonder that the players heads go down somewhat when that kind of crap occurs continually...?

In case you haven't noticed in recent weeks, rank BAD decisions DO change games.

A penalty given and converted against Man City would in all likelihood given us a point.

A penalty at Analfield and converted at 0-0 would certainly have changed the dynamic of the game completely.

A penalty given at 1-0 and converted, with the subsequent non-sending off whould have changed the momentum of the gam with 11 v 11, and we likely would have gone on to score another one or two.

All of the above are not smokescreens, they are blatant injustices, unforgiveable wrong decisions that have gone against us. Is it any wonder that the players heads go down somewhat when that kind of crap occurs continually...?
I still can't fathom the Romeu handball, flabergasted.

In the Lampard interview, he seemed reticent about calling out Oliver.

Well what is needed is for Kenwright to call him out, and the refs decisions against us in recent weeks. Are they going to ban Kenwright from Goodison? He'd tell them to urinate up a rope! They can't touch him, but we hear nothing from our heirarchy. THEY should be laying into the Refs organisation AND the FA big-style. But silence...

You’re missing my point with respect. Let’s acknowledge that many of our players today were awful and, worryingly, look to be tiring. As a collective they deserved nothing for that performance against a poor newly promoted side.

Let’s not play the RS victims card here. We and they at kickoff time knew what was needed today and these players failed abysmally. This does not bode well for the next 180 mins of prem football.

One only hopes Leeds and or Burnley lose their remaining games and these same failures don’t need to be further relied upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.