Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems impossible to get even more Fed Up with Everton than we can, but Everton just keep on delivering in failure, such a frustrating team, we are stumbling and fumbling over that line big time, if we can make that line, we have missed big chances the last week to get it done

We’ve had some proper terrible decisions over the last few weeks, but conspiracy theories are going to look a bit daft.

You think the people who run the PL want Burnley in it over Everton?

If we go down it’s because we are garbage, that’s it.

I have never bought conspiracy theories, but I'm really struggling to explain this season. It just feels weird to me, like these decisions are barely believable, and they are always followed by a mass backing of the officials in the media.

A draw isn't a huge lot of use to us on Thursday. We would still then need to get a point on Sunday to guarantee safety. Look I suppose it's possible we could get a draw, but I would much rather risk the point on Thursday to try and get a winner. We could well find ourselves in a stick or twist position. A point yesterday would have helped us an awful lot. It should still have been achievable at half time.

We've won unexpected home games yes, but in terms of away games, we've won twice all year. Neither was against what I would class a top team. It would highly optimistic to expect a result at the emirates with them chasing CL football.

i was counting Thursday as one we may win, not the Arsenal one. we'll get nothing there at all

i was counting Thursday as one we may win, not the Arsenal one. we'll get nothing there at all

We can win the game, but the pressure is now enormous. If we don't win then I think there's a good chance we go down. This is our last realistic chance to do it ourselves, so we need to take it.

Having yesterday snatched away largely due to appalling, biased refereeing has made me feel pretty sick and deflated today.

We’ve had some proper terrible decisions over the last few weeks, but conspiracy theories are going to look a bit daft.

It's more a testament to the terrible officiating in the PL in terms of inconsistencies and how they're swayed by the pressure of certain clubs and crowds.

There's a sizeable difference between subconscious bias and intentionally making decisions to benefit clubs. The likes of Oliver are just rubbish.

It's more a testament to the terrible officiating in the PL in terms of inconsistencies and how they're swayed by the pressure of certain clubs and crowds.

There's a sizeable difference between subconscious bias and intentionally making decisions to benefit clubs. The likes of Oliver are just rubbish.
Not a single English ref was at the last WC

We’ve had terrible decisions all season.

I’m not denying we’ve been poor but with fair refereeing we’re not in this situation.

There has to be a reason for this. General incompetence would even itself out over that period but we’ve had consistent bad decisions all season even with the aid of VAR to help referees.

A draw isn't a huge lot of use to us on Thursday. We would still then need to get a point on Sunday to guarantee safety. Look I suppose it's possible we could get a draw, but I would much rather risk the point on Thursday to try and get a winner. We could well find ourselves in a stick or twist position. A point yesterday would have helped us an awful lot. It should still have been achievable at half time.

We've won unexpected home games yes, but in terms of away games, we've won twice all year. Neither was against what I would class a top team. It would highly optimistic to expect a result at the emirates with them chasing CL football.
That's not right.

If we draw and Burnley are beaten by Villa it means Burnley have to beat Newcastle to stay up. A draw wont do them in that final game.

A point would be very useful to have.

That's not right.

If we draw and Burnley are beaten by Villa it means Burnley have to beat Newcastle to stay up. A draw wont do them in that final game.

A point would be very useful to have.

It depends if Burnley draw on Thursday. If they lose, they are 2 behind us anyway, and with a better GD. The draw only becomes useful if Burnley draw themselves, or if we can follow it with another draw.

A draw is better than a loss obviously, but the benefit isn't likely to be a lot. If the game is level after 80 mins then we need to roll the dice.

Tbh I can't see Leeds beating Brentford away but for a freakish game (early red for Brentford or they miss a load of chances etc). Deep down most people think this way but understandably we all operate on a worst case scenario.
I agree Leeds are underdogs for that, but it’s not that crazy an outcome. They’ve already beat Wolves and West Ham away this season, they are capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.