Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Brentford game is not as cut and dried as people make out for me, its a coin toss who will come out on top of that, off course hoping Leeds dont, though off course hoping we dont have to even care about that game after Thursday which seems unlikely this been Everton
Not sayin its cut and dried though.
But my own opinion is that Leeds will not go there and win.

Why couldn't Leeds have just lost. We'd need a draw in either of the final games. Everything would feel brighter. Why couldn't Burnley have Leeds GD. A draw on Thurs would do it if they lost. It's painful.

I had about 3 hours sleep last night. I've been negative all season and really thought it was all going to be boxed off, finally! I should've known better.
Neither Burnley or Leeds helped themselves take advantage of our slip up yesterday. Time and chances are running out for them. We're in the position they both wish they were in with a week left in the season.

If we're drawing late on vs Crystal Palace, we absolutely have to go for it.

Remarkable Lampard didn't vs Watford, really.

Not ideal given their pace/their strength on the counter - but here we are.

Think Lampard wanted to take the pressure off these two home games by keeping momentum with a point at Watford rather than risk the loss. Foolish in hindsight but up until the moment Oliver doesn’t give a pen for Richarlison it looked like a wise move as we had safety in our hands.

Looks a mistake in hindsight given what happened at the weekend, but anything other than Branthwaite’s implosion and for all intents and purposes we were looking comfortable to add more goals against Brentford.

Kid isn’t interested in defending
He defended very well apart from then, he was just goosed and switched off.

One thing you can't criticise Gordon for is workrate defensively and offensively or you haven't been watching the games. But he's young, and just not that good yet, and he switched off and got punished by a good player.

Think Lampard wanted to take the pressure off these two home games by keeping momentum with a point at Watford rather than risk the loss. Foolish in hindsight but up until the moment Oliver doesn’t give a pen for Richarlison it looked like a wise move as we had safety in our hands.

Looks a mistake in hindsight given what happened at the weekend, but anything other than Branthwaite’s implosion and for all intents and purposes we were looking comfortable to add more goals against Brentford.
Tbh i think it was foolish at the time. He could have gone for it at Watford without having to completely change the shape, and a win there would now have us safe barring a miracle. But of course, if decisions go our way yesterday then things may look very different.

Why couldn't Leeds have just lost. We'd need a draw in either of the final games. Everything would feel brighter. Why couldn't Burnley have Leeds GD. A draw on Thurs would do it if they lost. It's painful.

I had about 3 hours sleep last night. I've been negative all season and really thought it was all going to be boxed off, finally! I should've known better.
Leeds have burned me twice in this relegation battle - first in the 3-2 win over Wolves from 0-2 down, and then yesterday when expletives emerged from my mouth as I prepared the roast chicken. These two results have been the biggest stings for me this season, and it's why I sense that they are going to make it a hat trick next Sunday.

Not sayin its cut and dried though.
But my own opinion is that Leeds will not go there and win.
I know your not mate, i mean every man and his dog seem to be nearly 100% saying Brentford will win (Which may be more because Everton may need them to), which obviously hopefully they do if we need them, but i dont think its a cert Brentford win as people are making/hoping for

I think we have to just focus on getting it done ourselves

Lampard needs to sit the players down and get it right on Thursday night

Do that and we'll survive
This.

This is what it's all about. No looking beyond Thursday as there's no point.

Yesterday's result doesn't change that we still only need two points to be absolutely safe. However, we've gone from having two stabs at it to one, which means a win on Thursday to avoid going to the final day which has to be the goal.

I'd have agreed with him given it was an away game if it was any other team than a Watford team with the worst home record/decimated by injury. We had to go for that.

Leeds have burned me twice in this relegation battle - first in the 3-2 win over Wolves from 0-2 down, and then yesterday when expletives emerged from my mouth as I prepared the roast chicken. These two results have been the biggest stings for me this season, and it's why I sense that they are going to make it a hat trick next Sunday.
We just have to make sure we're out of it by Sunday.

If we don't we only have ourselves to blame. We need to beat Crystal Palace at home.

I think we have to just focus on getting it done ourselves

Lampard needs to sit the players down and get it right on Thursday night

Do that and we'll survive
I will take staying up any which way, but I'll feel quite contemptuous of this team and manager if we have to rely on others next Sunday. It's just not good enough.

This.

This is what it's all about. No looking beyond Thursday as there's no point.

Yesterday's result doesn't change that we still only need two points to be absolutely safe. However, we've gone from having two stabs at it to one, which means a win on Thursday to avoid going to the final day which has to be the goal.

Scored 1 and conceded 7 in 2 games against them. 4 was with Lampard as manager.

Sure, it sounds good to say concentrate on ourselves and winning - but I reckon we're going to need results elsewhere to go in our favour.

I'd have agreed with him given it was an away game if it was any other team than a Watford team with the worst home record/decimated by injury. We had to go for that.
Could have gone for it without being reckless too. Didn't have to change the shape, but Gordon and Gray were useless and should have been taken off for players who are better around the box.

While I tend to agree, I have to say that the reason he didn't go for it was precisely because of what happened yesterday. This team embraces farce and is always a moment of ludicrousness away from utter chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.