Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeds fan here.
Been interesting reading views on here, which are very similar to views on our own forums, apart from the fact you guys clearly are in the box seat.
Reality its, it's 3 poor sides competing but you have the clear advantage with the points advantage and extra game (over us)
There's no way we'll beat Brentford final game so in reality you'll be safe. Our only hope is that Burnley somehow don't get another point or we somehow scrape a draw at Brentford if they do get one. We're a [Poor language removed] team with a manager who doesn't know his tactics and defenders who can't defend.
Leeds will beat Brentford...nothing spectacular that team. Brighton was a much more difficult match and leeds could have won it at the end. Brentford will find it easier next season if Everton gets relegated as competition for survival will be less...so don't expect them to really put up a fight on Sunday.

Surely us beating Palace and securing the 3 points we need is more prevalent
That's unlikely.

I would like to return to a point made earlier today about Everton getting a draw though.

There was some debate about a point not being of benefit to us against Palace. But if Burnley draw on Thursday then we'd need a draw ourselves to make them go into their game with Newcastle needing a win.

IMO we're well short of being able to beat Palace. It shouldn't happen and probably wont.

But....Goodison...under the lights...crowd pumped up....

...maybe there really is one last outstanding performance against the odds.

Been feeling very positive til yesterday...... Taken the wind right out of my sails.

Now, we need oars! And not sure we've got them.

So, we're now more reliant on a northeasterly gust of good fortune.

Blow it Burnley. Blow it Leeds.

Don't care. Just one of you.... Blow it. Big time.

Leeds will beat Brentford...nothing spectacular that team. Brighton was a much more difficult match and leeds could have won it at the end. Brentford will find it easier next season if Everton gets relegated as competition for survival will be less...so don't expect them to really put up a fight on Sunday.

You do realise other teams come up right. I’m really not sure Brentford are thinking let’s get Everton relegated so we have it easier next year. ?‍♂️

With support like this, we will beat Palace -

1652723193412.png

The order of the games has had a big impact on peoples perception of all of yesterday’s results. If we’d played first, and lost to Brentford, followed by Leeds only drawing and Burnley losing, we’d all be relieved today that it was still in our hands and a win at Palace would keep us up. As it is, knowing a win would have made us safe has made it feel like a hammer blow. Lampard needs to emphasise to the players how good they were before the red card. Palace are beatable.
I said earlier that once the dust settled we should see it as another round of games gone when our relegation rivals failed to take advantage of our loss.

Let's have it right: this is the final week of the season and we'll more than likely see Burnley and Leeds needing wins in their final games to overtake us...and I dont see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.