Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unlikely.

I would like to return to a point made earlier today about Everton getting a draw though.

There was some debate about a point not being of benefit to us against Palace. But if Burnley draw on Thursday then we'd need a draw ourselves to make them go into their game with Newcastle needing a win.
This is an important, er, point so to speak. Clearly we cannot go nuts attacking Palace in the hope of getting the win unless the news from Villa Park allows us that indulgence.

This is an important, er, point so to speak. Clearly we cannot go nuts attacking Palace in the hope of getting the win unless the news from Villa Park allows us that indulgence.

It's a big difference for the final day if Burnley only need a point against Newcastle to get past us on GD.

I dont believe in Burnley getting a win against either Villa or Newcastle. A couple of draws will see them safe though if we cant get something from the Palace game.

How about the point we got at Chelsea? So tedious ppl posting absolutes on here all the time.....

My guess is we will probably lose that one but a draw isn’t out of the realms of possibility. We did well for large spells against a far superior RS team. Can see us going for the exact tactics if a point is required. Obviously don’t want to be going into that game requiring anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.