Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSX_20220517_120728.jpg

Winning does it for us.

But if not we have some insurance if Burnley dont get a point off Villa and join Leeds in needing a win last day.

Winning does it for us.

But if not we have some insurance if Burnley dont get a point off Villa and join Leeds in needing a win last day.
I know it doesn’t really mean anything but after briefly looking over this years games, Leeds and Burnley have both won once when played on the same day. (May be wrong and looked over a week but if not once, twice.)

I know it doesn’t really mean anything but after briefly looking over this years games, Leeds and Burnley have both won once when played on the same day. (May be wrong and looked over a week but if not once, twice.)

Good stat. Very unlikely they both get points never mind wins and on the same day.

If we dont get out of it on Thursday the next best thing is keeping Burnley 2 points behind us.

Brentford wont roll over they hate each other
Now you're talking. There is history between us and Leeds. Sunday is a grudge match. Us Bees hate Leeds & vice versa, it goes back to our days in the Championship. Thomas Frank is despised by Leeds. Try not to worry too much Evertonians, the Bees ought to win & THEY WILL give 100% , I can assure you. There's no love lost between Bees and Leeds. However it crucial for you to beat Palace. That's the question.

I can't see Burnley beating Villa.

If we don't win this, we're relying on Brentford or Newcastle to do us a massive favour IMO.

Newcastle are snides, so my hope would be Brentford.

I've realised the past week that Brentford fans really don't like Leeds, there's some bad blood there around 'mind the gap' which perhaps our new Brentford visitors could inform on.

I'm sure their manager would be relishing the prospect to relegate them.

I’m cautiously optimistic we can get a result against palace. Big atmosphere at Goodison and as long as our players don’t give the ref any decisions to make in terms of potential red cards then we’ve every chance. Of course palace are a better side than us currently but it wouldn’t be that much of an upset for us to win.

Thinking we might be better to just start this game with 10 men to save the wear and tear of the red cards for the officials. Kind and considerate and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.