Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth remembering that what also got us 'here' were good wins against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liecester when no one thought we had a chance of anything. This team is not good but they do have the capacity to pull off big wins when asked and cajoled. Otherwise we would not be here, we would be with Watford and Norwich.

I don't think Brentford like us very much any more either. So all boils down to who they like least. They might end up baying for a draw.
Or the rather more mundane truth which is that they are professional footballers who are paid to win matches and entertain their fans and they will go out trying to win a football match and entertain their fans.

Worth remembering that what also got us 'here' were good wins against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liecester when no one thought we had a chance of anything. This team is not good but they do have the capacity to pull off big wins when asked and cajoled. Otherwise we would not be here, we would be with Watford and Norwich.
Correct.
Frank has just got to get the tactics and team selection right on Thursday. I honestly don't know who he'll play but I'm hoping for a full on effort from the team buoyed on from another raucous Goodison. The only thing out of our hands of course will be the standard of the officiating and VAR.

Quite frankly, if you'd offered me the position we are in after the Burnley game I'd have bitten your hand off. I'm amazed it's still in our hands
Yeah, not to mention the position we were in before the Chelsea match. Having it in our own hands is a far better position than we could’ve expected, let alone the fact that with two games left it’s entirely possible we’re already on a points total that keeps us up.

At the same time though none of that helps the nerves!

Status
Not open for further replies.