Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

We had a nerve wracking end to the 94/95 season when we drew 5 of our last 6 matches and needed to beat Ipswich at Portman Road to stay up.
We had the chance to stay up by beating Chelsea(drew 3-3) or Southampton(0-0) with both games at Goodison but could not get the job done.

We always do it the hard way…
We've have had three match points but we could be about to face a tie-breaker if we do not get it done now. We might well fall over the line because one of the other two implode, but if we cannot see ourselves clear by Thursday night then it'll be a shameful and nerve-wracking ordeal for the fans over the weekend. We have no self-esteem as it is, and now these players are so incompetent that they are in danger of putting us through this trauma on Sunday. What a lamentably weak group of players we have. I'm not talking about the younger players (Gordon, Branthwaite, etc.), but the more experienced fellas who seem to find ways to either snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or excuses to cry off before we face a major crunch, leaving the likes of Brantwaithe to fend for himself at 19.

These contemptible mediocrities deserve nothing but indifference come Monday. I have no confidence they will spare us the paralysing tension this weekend. But if, by some chance, they do, they deserve no credit for it. They've embarrassed us this season. A purge needs to start come Monday.

We've have had three match points but we could be about to face a tie-breaker if we do not get it done now. We might well fall over the line because one of the other two implode, but if we cannot see ourselves clear by Thursday night then it'll be a shameful and nerve-wracking ordeal for the fans over the weekend. We have no self-esteem as it is, and now these players are so incompetent that they are in danger of putting us through this trauma on Sunday. What a lamentably weak group of players we have. I'm not talking about the younger players (Gordon, Branthwaite, etc.), but the more experienced fellas who seem to find ways to either snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or excuses to cry off before we face a major crunch, leaving the likes of Brantwaithe to fend for himself at 19.

These contemptible mediocrities deserve nothing but indifference come Monday. I have no confidence they will spare us the paralysing tension this weekend. But if, by some chance, they do, they deserve no credit for it. They've embarrassed us this season. A purge needs to start come Monday.

they won’t wanna play in the champ it’s sound

Status
Not open for further replies.