• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_144130.jpg
    IMG_20220518_144130.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 112

Of course you are spot on. And we have been like that now for a number of seasons. You would think that some manager would have figured out how to beat the likes of Burnley....Watford or Palace. How many managers is it now that haven't had the nous to work out a system to beat these sort of teams? we have to be beating these sort of teams?

And it's the same old players failing time after time. Doesn't really matter how Burnley or Palace play. We need to find a way to beat them. Lampard needs to find a way to beat them. He will only manage that when he gets rid of a number of our useless players. Let's hope that he has the cajones and the nous to do that.
We can't keep losing to these sort of teams just because they sit back and are happy to take a point. We need to find a way to break them down.
Lampard needs to get players in that can manage to do all that. Because this present bunch can't.

And the defeat against Burnley was nothing to do with what you have said. We were leading 2-1. Our discipline along with poor defending and poor game mismanagement lost that match. Nothing to do with not being able to break a team down.
Although that draw with Watford was because of exactly what you have said. We couldn't score. We couldn't break them down.
Sorry for the ramble........but maybe all these poor results is maybe because we are just a poor team. That's exactly what it is. We are a poor team.
Let's hope that Lampard can address all that. Or it's just going to be the same old [Poor language removed] next season as well...
Rant over. Up The Toffees...
Ps......stupid of me to use the Man utd...Chelsea and Leicester matches as examples of how good we can be. Those matches could have gone either way. They went ours. We need to find ways or players that can swing those other matches our way.
How to beat teams like Watford Burnley Palace? Get over it , you are one of those teams now. It's your.lot that is facing relegation. You are no longer anywhere near even a mid rank Prem team

Hopefully we can start like we did against Brentford, and keep it up for a whole match. We need to find a way to keep the ball better, rather than going into hang on mode so much. Even with 11, we tend to sit off and invite pressure far too often. Part of the reason is the lack of possession football we manage. But when we play more aggressively and press higher we look much better, but never seem able to keep it up for a whole game. In the quarter final against Palace we pressed high up for a few minutes, and looked good. As soon as Townsend got injured we stopped trying that, sat off, and got hammered. I’m stressed about what will happen tomorro, our midfielders need to remember how to pass the ball, our central options are woeful, when sicknote Delph looks the best one! Maybe move Iwobi into the middle, I dunno who is fit? Goodson will be loud again, the players have the chance to remove my stress, but could go either way.

the lack of Mina and the defence in general is my fear. However, I think I've found a solution. I've never won an acca. I've put an acca on palace, leeds, arsenal. It won't come in. Everton will stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.