Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate a back 5 and we have barely any CBs left so would love to see a back 4, however I realise this likely necessitates a screener and Allan isn’t that. Assume Delph is injured so that’s that.

Think Doucoure and VdB could be a good midfield 2.

Gordon needs a rest but there really isn’t a viable alternative since Gray decided to be crap.

To surmise: Haven’t got a clue

Based on Lampard's presser this would be my XI..

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi
--- Doucoure ---- VdB

- Gordon --------------- Richarlison
DCL

That third CM spot is actually a bit tricky to make a call on now given Donny's apparent availability. When fit he's a better option than Gomes, but my concern is in a game where we're likely to have less of the ball (certainly in midfield) do you go for Donny for his ability on the ball (and counter-attacking) or do we go for Allan who's more defensively solid? For now I've opted for Donny but it really all depends on fitness levels. Gordon & Gray I reckon can be interchangeable at this point.
Nopace and toothpaste in the middle

Based on Lampard's presser this would be my XI..

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi
--- Doucoure ---- VdB

- Gordon --------------- Richarlison
DCL

That third CM spot is actually a bit tricky to make a call on now given Donny's apparent availability. When fit he's a better option than Gomes, but my concern is in a game where we're likely to have less of the ball (certainly in midfield) do you go for Donny for his ability on the ball (and counter-attacking) or do we go for Allan who's more defensively solid? For now I've opted for Donny but it really all depends on fitness levels. Gordon & Gray I reckon can be interchangeable at this point.
Every option in midfield makes you feel sick to the stomach. What makes me feel even more light headed is that Iwobi is now probably our best midfielder. God how did that happen?!?

Every option in midfield makes you feel sick to the stomach. What makes me feel even more light headed is that Iwobi is now probably our best midfielder. God how did that happen?!?
Iwobi is our best midfielder atm for sure…and he will likely play as a right wing back…

Iwobi is our best midfielder atm for sure…and he will likely play as a right wing back…
Crazy isn't it, we'd never have seen that as a realistic thing to say at the start of the season. Against Palace we need players who will give everything and Iwobi is now one of the few who actually does that.

I hate a back 5 and we have barely any CBs left so would love to see a back 4, however I realise this likely necessitates a screener and Allan isn’t that. Assume Delph is injured so that’s that.

Think Doucoure and VdB could be a good midfield 2.

Gordon needs a rest but there really isn’t a viable alternative since Gray decided to be crap.

To surmise: Haven’t got a clue
I'll go with these sentiments, I feel equally baffled by what to suggest for a starting 11, except Pickford, Lenko, Iwobi, Gordon and Richy. Could we ask for the game to be changed to a 5-a-side instead?

Any palace team news?
Yeah, no Olise or McArthur which is a shame, Tomkins and Ferguson also out (standard). We started with a back three at Villa but expect we might see this tomorrow:

Butland

Clyne
Guehi
Andersen
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher
Eze

Zaha
Mateta
Ayew

Possible variations are Hughes for Kouyate, Schlupp for Ayew and Edouard for either Ayew or Mateta depending how PV sees it. Got some decent options right now tbf so line-ups are hard to call.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jesurun Rak-Sakyi get on at some point either, just won PL2 player of the season and another talented winger out of the academy.

Yeah, no Olise or McArthur which is a shame, Tomkins and Ferguson also out (standard). We started with a back three at Villa but expect we might see this tomorrow:

Butland

Clyne
Guehi
Andersen
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher
Eze

Zaha
Mateta
Ayew

Possible variations are Hughes for Kouyate, Schlupp for Ayew and Edouard for either Ayew or Mateta depending how PV sees it. Got some decent options right now tbf.
Sorry, did you just say decent options, what are they? We haven't had those for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.