2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pack it in. He's PART. And i say part of the reason we're fighting relegation with two games left in the season.
Dont get to attached. Its nothing personel. If he and a few others are playing in the first 11 next season we're back down here again.
Dont think i was talking about the whole season. And for the 1st half last night he did not play well alongside gomes. When Ali and Iwobi where supporting him he had more freedom and i thought 2nd half he was excellent. We all have opinions but i dont think some of the comments about his play last night where a reflection of his performance.

Dont think i was talking about the whole season. And for the 1st half last night he did not play well alongside gomes. When Ali and Iwobi where supporting him he had more freedom and i thought 2nd half he was excellent. We all have opinions but i dont think some of the comments about his play last night where a reflection of his performance.

Mate we need better. He isnt good enough if we want to kick on. He isnt alone but the gritty low possession football will not be good enough for anything other than where we are right now.
Absolute squad player at best is how we should be looking.

….never took a step backwards, never hid, must be an absolute nightmare to play against. A very effective footballer, especially if the balance is right around him.

That's the key with Doucoure for me. Needs to have a license to get around the pitch. I'm not sure he suits playing next to a "plodder" as it seems to negate his game.

There was a point last night, where I looked at the midfield and thought, they cant be easy to play against. All of them 6ft+, all of them work hard and can cover ground. Palace have a decent midfield, but just got swamped.

It's the perfect time to sell him now. Final two years of his contract and will turn 30 in January. He's been awful all season apart from a brief spell of form in the past month, yet was utterly atrocious last night. If we can get 10m for him, which we easily should, we need to be getting rid.

Depends on your expectations for next year. He’s a solid mid table player. My expectation is that we push to be back mid table between 8 and 12. He can help us achieve that.

But again - if he could pick a pass, he wouldn’t be playing for us in the first place. Put him next to a real #6 and let him run around aimlessly for 90 minutes.

He's limited technically, but if we put ball players around him and let him do the donkey work then he has a part to play.
If we play him in a 2 with Allan/Gomes/Davies etc and expect him to create we are wasting our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.