2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club want him to stay and build the team around him and will be offering him a new and vastly improved contract.

Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’m hearing from someone with a connection to him.

Id be the happiest id been about the club in years if we tied him down 5 years. Above any new signings it would signal positivity.

We would be happy with that but I feel that we need to sell him and DCL to generate funds for a squad overhaul due to our financial mess.
The only players with any reasonable stock value 30mil+ are Pickford Richarlison DCL.
IMO we need 5-6 first team players for next season that’s either going to cost a lot money which we don’t have or some very very shrewd business in the transfer market.

Away from all the elation last night we cannot start next season with over half of that first 11
We dont need to sell the main 3. Theres a lot of players we have to focus on moving out for fees or on frees to create a budget.
The thing is, we are his level. I think it would be an awful career move to join someone like United in the state their currently in, for a huge fee, and be expected to carry them which he is not capable of and heaps massive pressure on him. Then you’ve got the likes of Newcastle who will be able to blow anyone out of the water for wages, but would he really fancy that move? You can forget the Real Madrids and PSG’s, that’s not happening. Italian teams couldn’t afford him. Where would he go?
He walks into Madrid, PSG and United teams.

Literally walks into them.
….wonder if that walk around the ground when almost everybody had left was symbolic.

i think he’s terrific & he’s the only player we can’t afford to lose. Saying that, if he wants to leave we must maximise how much we get.
Theres a video of him climbing up to 3 girls and the child. I think someone said its his nephew/niece and at the end of each season its fairly normal to do the lap with kids.

Think and hope he may have just been taking all the atmosphere in as he'd be away from football for a while.

Honestly think his best position might be as a 10, kinda like Tim Cahill. Not tasked with being super creative just getting on the end of things in the box. He's good in the air, has energy and scores goals.

Actually, that's what I thought too. Agent Rafael tried that but it left our midfield too exposed and Richy. I don't think his best position is left winger or a no. 9 either. Maybe he will be a good No. 9 elsewhere - only because we lump the ball forward way too much.

I thought he played better when Lampard shift him to the left but with little defensive duties unless needed. Maybe it is as Carlo said - his best position is that left forward, playing off a No. 9.

It's Lampard's job now to figure out a way to fit him into a formation. And there was some interesting effect with Gordon-Richy-Gray , when Dom was out injured.

I hope he stays, he has been brilliant for us since he joins. Love his passion for the club.

Actually, that's what I thought too. Agent Rafael tried that but it left our midfield too exposed and Richy. I don't think his best position is left winger or a no. 9 either. Maybe he will be a good No. 9 elsewhere - only because we lump the ball forward way too much.

I thought he played better when Lampard shift him to the left but with little defensive duties unless needed. Maybe it is as Carlo said - his best position is that left forward, playing off a No. 9.

It's Lampard's job now to figure out a way to fit him into a formation. And there was some interesting effect with Gordon-Richy-Gray , when Dom was out injured.

I hope he stays, he has been brilliant for us since he joins. Love his passion for the club.
Our midfield has been exposed all year, we've no legs in there. Get some quality in there and it could free up someone to play a bit more advanced then get a natural wider for the left side. I agree I dont think we've found his best position yet.

I mean agree with your general point but Moshiri is categorically clueless when it comes to running a football club.

In fact, the best decision he has made is actually taking a total step back from anything to do with the club since Thelwell was appointed.

Have it on good authority that Kia has not been at a game since January/February (was Lampard's first game the latter?). Which is good. Let's hope it stays that way.

Lampard alluded to that recently.

With Frank singling him out during his short speech and him going back out afterwards, I reckon he's leaving. Probably going Atletico or another top 4 La Liga club. Prob not Italy is my guess.

I know we will probably sell some big players but if there is just one we can hold onto, let it be him. It is not often you get a player who is in love with the club. Can't remember the last non-Scouse player to get us like him since maybe Tim Cahill.
HOLY HELL YOU'RE ALIVE??!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.