Players who’ve stood up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which players do you think have taken responsibility in the last couple of months? Stood up and dragged us out of the mess?

Surprising ones for me:

Holgate
Mykolenko
Delph
Well Mykolenko new so would , Holgate probably knew he would be made available again this Summer and think he doesn't want to play anywhere so would play out his skin, Delph problem hoping a mid Championship side will come in for him

Which players do you think have taken responsibility in the last couple of months? Stood up and dragged us out of the mess?

Surprising ones for me:

Holgate
Mykolenko
Delph
6gzhpn.jpg

In the last 7 or 8 games since the Burnley game almost every one of them who played has done so bar 1 or 2 exceptions. Thing is you couldn't depend on them doin it over a season

The disappointing thins is that their quality in these games hasn’t really been any better (maybe Pickford aside who has raised his game)

Results have come through increased effort,
Work rate, and concentration, something the players should be doing as a bare minimum.

Richarlison
Gordon
Pickford

These have been the standouts for me, Richarlison and Gordon have looked absolutely goosed for the amount of effort they’ve put in.

And utterly surprisingly; Iwobi who deserves a lot of credit for his attitude over the past couple of weeks
It all started with the Leeds game and Frank's post match comments. Since then, by and large he's shown incredible effort and composure during difficult times.

Who'd have thought he would thrive as a right wing back offensively and defensively. Moreover, he has evidenced his actual technical abilities.

Richarlison has scored some fantastic goals and dragged us out of the mire and Pickford has made incredible saves, but I think Iwobi is close to being on par.

He's earned a lot of respect from me, and I'll now happily take on his haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.