Moment of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBBBE678-632F-4A50-B2DF-F07F8496AC7E.jpeg

Got to go with when that final whistle went on Thursday, just the sheer, unbridled, relief is not something I can ever come close to again in a footy sense I hope, in this form anyway! Relief from clinching a Premier League title, I'll take that! I realise there are bigger things going on in the world and its 'Only footy! :D And is in many a sense, I honestly thought I didn't care as much as I've got older but I do! It's really been like death by a thousand cuts since January the spectre of relegation, or arguably since the Watford / Wolves games where my alarm bells were ringing initially. absolutely appalling season and the inquest can start now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel ABSOLUTLEY spent tonight, watching that Thursday and the severe adrenaline rush that followed, carried me through in work yesterday (Proper productive day that haha!) and then in the night watching literally every YouTube video about Everton uploaded in the last 2 days with a few cold ones, feel like today its all wearing off and the enormity of IF we did go down and the repercussions that would carry. Scary. Feel a bit emotional tonight thinking of all the Blues in my family that have gone, especially my Mum and Dad, who I have been asking a lot lately for some favours in the relegation battle haha!

I thought I have actually gone off the arl footy a bit gradually the last few years, think this is some divine power dragging me back in ! I blag sometimes like I don't give a [Poor language removed] - "Ah well they don't pay my mortgage!" / "Bunch of millionaires kicking round a bag of wind"... Etc... Etc... But I'm just kidding myself. These weapons are a part of my life whether I like it or not until I take my last breath.

We can never, ever... Be in this position again, I remember Kendall saying that after the Coventry game. This really does feel like a turning point now though and hopefully everything will click, Jesus, we don't deserve it do we? Maybe anyway it will stop us all taking this for granted, I might even stop booing the first misplaced pass at Goodison going forward :D Anyway I'm off to watch the tunnel access vid again for the 50th time ;) We all deserve a medal supporting these though you know, we really do, love all of us crazy, crazy bastards, have a great summer.

(P.S. IMAGINE when we win something!)

You think about what has gone on, there's a book just waiting to be written. It'd sell by the bucket load.
Can see it now, 'A Season on the Brink' would be a snappy title?

Status
Not open for further replies.