Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Pickford’s stock will never be higher following those incredible saves to keep us up.

So it’s for that reason that I’d cash in on him to bankroll the rebuild.

Pickford is a proper “highlights reel” keeper; he makes some incredible saves, but his bread & butter stuff is shocking. Constantly berates defence, causes utter panic in the backline whenever we face a corner kick, and cannot receive back passes without shanking them into the stand.

Sell him for a huge sum, buy a decent but reliable goalie, then invest the rest elsewhere in the team.

Probably have to look for shrewd buys from championship/u23s/German/French leages and I just hope Mosh keeps his beak out , not confident though.

Last edited:
I'm well further down the line on feeling like I know on Frank.

It only will take like 3 games of looking competent to win me back. I'm not all the way out or anything but we ended the season on a brutal run regarding the things Frank has control of.
Jesus mate, again you do realise the problems are deeper than who the manager is right now? We can't keep sacking managers. Whilst I agree he has some naiveties as a manager, he just kept us up? He's been here what three months? Moyes would have lasted six months with this kind of thinking. For me he gets next season regardless and if we see progression we continue to back and build with him.
A playmaking Defensive Midfielder please that needs to be a priority
Agree that is a key position along with CB. We need someone to shield that defence and control the tempo look at the difference a half fit Delph made.

Jordan Pickford’s stock will never be higher following those incredible saves to keep us up.

So it’s for that reason that I’d cash in on him to bankroll the rebuild.

Pickford is a proper “highlights reel” keeper; he makes some incredible saves, but his bread & butter stuff is shocking. Constantly berates defence, causes utter panic in the backline whenever we face a corner kick, and cannot receive back passes without shanking them into the stand.

Sell him for a huge sum, buy a decent but reliable goalie, then invest the rest elsewhere in the team.

Said the same I like Pickford but would happily take Pope at a reduced £15-20 million fee and see big bad Pickers off to Utd if Henderson leaves for £50-60 million.

Throw in Gbamin/Kean also off would also allow us to bring a further 4-5 good players to the squad.

Cant lie it pisses me off how good Brighton in midfield are compared to Everton. They manage to dominate many games in the middle of the pitch and all the players look comfortable. No idea what the difference in cost was but i doubt it was anywhere near ours as their top signing was the lad from salzburg at around 20m i think.
Why are we so dam abysmal at recruiting.

Cant lie it pisses me off how good Brighton in midfield are compared to Everton. They manage to dominate many games in the middle of the pitch and all the players look comfortable. No idea what the difference in cost was but i doubt it was anywhere near ours as their top signing was the lad from salzburg at around 20m i think.
Why are we so dam abysmal at recruiting.

Go sign Bissouma and that changes overnight.

Serious question, do you really think at some point Fronk and Thellwall havent sat down and thought of a plan for next season?

Just curious.
Up until the other day there had to have been a clearly defined Plan A and B, without being able to fully focus on either (I’m sure there’ll have been commonalities like certain players for the high jump, regardless) so I’m not sure how productive they realistically could have been to this point.

Hopefully after a week in Bognor to recharge the batteries they’ll be on it, hatching cunning plans like Baldrick squared.

Need to be utterly ruthless in this window, but Moshiri will be buying the players still, so we are back to square one no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.