Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your leaving us with Dom and Rondon as forwards?
Gallagher can play as a number 10 or on either side of the central striker in a front 3 (which is the formation Lampard prefers). He got 10 goals this season, the same as Richarlison. Of course he can play deeper as he's such a good player. But top forwards cost big money and we haven't got it so Gallagher, if we could get him, would be a great low cost option if and when Richarlison goes, which he clearly will. An article in the Echo earlier in the year said Lampard had already contacted Chelsea about Gallagher. With Lampard, Ashley Cole and Joe Edwards at the club we've got to have good chance of picking up some players from Chelsea and that's why I think we'd be looking at Gilmour as well. Their chances of getting in Chelsea team will be limited once the take over takes place as the new owners are likely to make a few very high level signings to get the fans on their side.

Jordan Pickford’s stock will never be higher following those incredible saves to keep us up.

So it’s for that reason that I’d cash in on him to bankroll the rebuild.

Pickford is a proper “highlights reel” keeper; he makes some incredible saves, but his bread & butter stuff is shocking. Constantly berates defence, causes utter panic in the backline whenever we face a corner kick, and cannot receive back passes without shanking them into the stand.

Sell him for a huge sum, buy a decent but reliable goalie, then invest the rest elsewhere in the team.

You haven't watched Pickford over the last eighteen months then?

Pickford has been our most consistent player since last seasons derby game

Also "sell him for a huge sum"? who to? none of the top six need a keeper and I wouldn't imagine he would go to Newcastle

Plus whom would you replace him with?

Gallagher can play as a number 10 or on either side of the central striker in a front 3 (which is the formation Lampard prefers). He got 10 goals this season, the same as Richarlison. Of course he can play deeper as he's such a good player. But top forwards cost big money and we haven't got it so Gallagher, if we could get him, would be a great low cost option if and when Richarlison goes, which he clearly will. An article in the Echo earlier in the year said Lampard had already contacted Chelsea about Gallagher. With Lampard, Ashley Cole and Joe Edwards at the club we've got to have good chance of picking up some players from Chelsea and that's why I think we'd be looking at Gilmour as well. Their chances of getting in Chelsea team will be limited once the take over takes place as the new owners are likely to make a few very high level signings to get the fans on their side.
You need more than that if Richy is going we need a winger/wide forward too in my view

Completely forgot about Gbamin in this. Two years left on his deal, which is probably £70k a week.

He’ll be out on another loan for the next two years where we may recoup half of his wages, but it all really adds up.

Never know mate, injury free whilst in Russia, could be a squad player to replace the likes of Davis and Delph, we must have seen something when we bought him? (Wasn't he a Brands signing)?

Gallagher + Gilmour make sense. The Colwill rumour also would be fantastic.

However, were only allowed to loan one player per club. So we would need to sign 2 of the 3 and we'd still be without a defensive midfielder.

Gallagher isn't really a number 10 and Palace play a 4-3-3 and didn't use Gallagher as a wide player a single time because he can't actually play there. His best comparison right now is Aaron Ramsey.

Never know mate, injury free whilst in Russia, could be a squad player to replace the likes of Davis and Delph, we must have seen something when we bought him? (Wasn't he a Brands signing)?
Yeah I'd try really hard to have Gbamin be a part of the team. If he's hurt, he's hurt but loaning him while we have no midfield isn't it.

our entire central defence and central midfield needs a rehaul this summer

I don’t want to see Keane, Holgate, Doucoure, Allan or Gomes starting another game for us
I very much doubt we will be selling Keane and Holgate also Doucoure will likely stay. If we had interest for the other 2 I think they will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.