So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will of course be changes, but I just don't see the 'wholesale' changes that many on here seem to expect.
Those out of contract are the obvious ones to leave plus we MAY sell one of our big hitters (DCL, Richarlison or Pickford)
Hopefully we can recruit wisely (certainly not expecting any 'galactico' signings.
A solid mid table finish next season is hardly inspiring, but it's what I expect and after this heart attack of a season I'll take that.
I think this is a realistic assessment if we get the recruitment right.

Not having another injury crisis would instantly be a massive improvement.

DCL and Richy will leave in the summer and yet pretty much all the usual contracted culprits will once again be here in August. Kenny, Gomez, Mina, Keane, Davies, Coleman, Allan, Doucoure. You wait and see.
Keep them. Give Richy a new 5 years deal with a release clause of £100m.

People need to be realistic about the scope of our rebuild this summer. Whilst it's great for our wage bill that we have a lot of deadwood leaving the club, they obviously won't be bringing in any transfer fees and that is the most important thing. So we are going to have to sell a lot of players, probably one or two that might make fans unhappy.

Just selling Kean, Allan and Mina is not going to give us the budget to go out and buy 7 or 8 players.

Assuming we don't extend any contracts that are expiring, our squad will actually be the smallest it has been in years. I don't know the figures, but our wage budget will surely be a lot lower.

There will of course be changes, but I just don't see the 'wholesale' changes that many on here seem to expect.
Those out of contract are the obvious ones to leave plus we MAY sell one of our big hitters (DCL, Richarlison or Pickford)
Hopefully we can recruit wisely (certainly not expecting any 'galactico' signings.
A solid mid table finish next season is hardly inspiring, but it's what I expect and after this heart attack of a season I'll take that.
We will have mass changes and I expect all 3 to go.

Think Mina will go as he a waste of time(good player) with injuries

Coleman I think is retiring

All the loans will be sent back

No one will be given a contract extension

We will have mass changes and I expect all 3 to go.

Think Mina will go as he a waste of time(good player) with injuries

Coleman I think is retiring

All the loans will be sent back

No one will be given a contract extension
Pickford won’t go. All the big teams have decent keepers.

Pickford won’t go. All the big teams have decent keepers.
Unless the merry go round starts with keepers with one of them off abroad. Then pickford will be the number 1 target which is fair enough. Should be a real decent fee.

He is replaceable in some capacity but has been in really good form for us. Had a bad 12 months 2 years ago but he has turned it around. And looks the business.

Unless the merry go round starts with keepers with one of them off abroad. Then pickford will be the number 1 target which is fair enough. Should be a real decent fee.

He is replaceable in some capacity but has been in really good form for us. Had a bad 12 months 2 years ago but he has turned it around. And looks the business.
His bad form came around the time he became a dad and someone who recent got a granddaughter I can tell everything goes out the window

We've got 7 players out of contract this summer & another 9 players out of contract next summer...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 14.31.36.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 14.31.36.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 106

Status
Not open for further replies.