Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young, fit not injury prone, build fir the future...

Sign two near 30 year old journ eymen center backs...

I'm pretty sure CB are exempt from being young fit and athletic tbh. The rest fit the category

I think we need to realise the position we are in financially and what we have to work with this summer and it may be championship players or steady established CB who have played premier league for a long period.

We are yet again rebuilding but Frank needs time. No one had heard of Mason Mount or Reece James before Frank

Problem is that Hull know how good Keane Lewis-Potter is going to be and they want £30m+ for him, got a high ceiling level him.

Look at Bowen. Missed a trick there too I believe. £30mil seems excessive. But agree they'll not have their pants pulled down.

Look at Bowen. Missed a trick there too I believe. £30mil seems excessive. But agree they'll not have their pants pulled down.
It does at the moment but I watch a fair bit of the Championship and id say over the longer term he will be a better player than Johnson.

Have thought for a long time we need to divert most of our attention to players in the European leagues, but we need a global focus generally.

That's where the scouting structure comes in and that's on Thelwell to get right.

I'm open to Championship players but buying from other PL clubs generally leads to poor outcomes and poor value, unless we use loans.

We have to source signings where we can pick up greater value for money. I don't think there is much if any incentive for a Soton or Wolves player to join Everton but there is, or should be far more of one to join us from Belgian, Dutch, or French clubs for example. Get them in before we have to compete with Spurs or Newcastle for them.

I'm pretty sure CB are exempt from being young fit and athletic tbh. The rest fit the category

I think we need to realise the position we are in financially and what we have to work with this summer and it may be championship players or steady established CB who have played premier league for a long period.

We are yet again rebuilding but Frank needs time. No one had heard of Mason Mount or Reece James before Frank

Mount at 18 was in the Dutch leagues team of the season and was voted Vitesse player of the season mate, the season before Lampard loaned him at Derby.

Reece James was in the Championship team of the season and won Wigans player of the season award the season before on loan.

Both where not unknown, both at a lesser lever had excelled on loans at 18.

Midfield, midfield and midfield - that has to be the biggest priority.

I think our defense isn't great, but the pressure our midfield allow to be poured on them makes their life incredibly hard.

This is the biggest rebuild, we need a 6 that can protect the back four and be confident on the ball. We then need an energetic number 8, who unlike Doucoure, can both get about the pitch and distribute it.

I think Iwobi, Allan and Doucoure can provide depth in those positions, but we need two genuine starters for those positions if we expect to be mid-table next season.

Those two positions need to be our main ambition before sorting out the centre-half position, which does need an upgrade.

We have been overrun in midfield for 3-4 years, enough is enough.

If FFN on twitter is correct (and he normally is) the list of signings give us hope and belief for next season. Young, fit, non injury prone players, that's good enough for me.

I know Connor Coady is mentioned, people will have their own view, but I have been looking at his stats, he rarely misses games, he doesn't get injured, he doesn't get sent off. He is a defender who is a leader. I would take him and Tarkowski right now in place of Mina and Keane. Mina never plays and Keane is no kind of leader. Both these players, for very small amounts of money would straight away improve our defence.

No mate, Finch Farm News with 4k followers on Twitter is not correct and never has been. Another 'ITK' who spouts wham and regurgitated rumours from the foreign press and markets them as scoops.

Hey mate, interesting post, I'd say two things though on what you have us needing, one we won't sign a new left back up - we have the young french? lad returning from loan this summer whose gained a lot of experience and game time this season, also don't see us going out and signing a starting RB and having both Patterson and Coleman in a back up role. Way more likely is we see in pre season if Patterson is ready right now - in which case he becomes the starter, if not then Coleman starts and Patterson spells him with the aim of replacing him this season.
Part of the mess we are in is spending multiple times decent fees for the same starting position (cam being the obvious one) Coleman's on decent money and we paid a decent fee for Patterson - we need to trust him to develop him now.

Overall I don't see any activity in the fullback positions (unless Coleman retires - which I see no hint off yet) also think Lampard will trust Cole to really bring on both Mylenko and Patterson with a full pre season working with them.

Also think Richy will stay, and DCL out the two is much more likely to be the one sold (if either are) but think the club will push hard to try free up money by getting rid of the square pegs first and what it can bring in for craftily structures deals (like the Deli one) loans and such as well.

If we are thinking of FPP given the way amortization works - DCL is more valuable to sell than Richy, also Gray due to a insanely low fee is also very attractive to sell as both entail huge FPP gains.

I'm thinking we will target both clubs that Lampard has contacts with this summer for loans, Chelsea and City. Both have the potential of getting us in a player who'd cost 25-30m for nothing, which given our finances makes sense we focus on this. Often seems we loan at the death as an emergency cover thing, think we need to be proactive and make loans a major priority and early on in the market too. Other clubs do this well.

I thought about Nkounkou the young left back but he’s such a big unknown it’s hard to say. We could do a lot worse judging him on his appearances pre-loan, he looked full of potential!

Agreed on right back and putting faith in Patterson, but his injury and lack of game time is a worry. If we had to prioritise funds, right back would be down the pecking order.

The DCL/Rich predicament is going to rumble on all summer, but I imagine Rich’s FFP value has dropped to around £10m now at a guess? I’d say he’s comfortably worth £10m more than DCL right now, and will have a lot more interest. Gray is too useful as a squad player so I’d hope he stays.

Utilising Lampard’s connections, and possibly our connections with Barca (transfers recently)/ Real (Carlo) we should be able to get some great young players.

If we can’t get Gallagher, who is the next Gallagher? Under Martinez we were creative to fill gaps (Barry, Rom, Del), more of the same is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.