Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you will find that Gallagher will almost certainly be back at Chelsea next season and due to the introduction of the 5 sub rule so will Gilmour till at least January. The likes of Berkley, Jorginho and Saul will be gone. Saul back to AM , Jorginho to Italy but don’t be surprised if you are offered Ross B for a small fee but as to his reception at your s that’s a different matter.

I do think you will get one of ours on loan but not dare I say any of the names you are thinking of it will be one of the older ones who we won’t want so have to find a loan berth for them.
I think your possibly right with Gallaghe, Gilmor not so sure I think Chelsea might think a season long loan to Everton would be good for all parties. But we will have to wait and see.

I think the big thing we absolutely have to work on is the defensive and midfield spine of the team. Obviously if DCL or Richarlison go then we’ll need to buy some quality attacking options too, but that has to be a priority currently, our central midfield and central defence are far too weak, and just aren’t suited to playing the way I assume Frank will want to play

It’s not a case of “allowing” an exodus. That implies that there’s a big queue of clubs wanting sign our “dead-wood, useless turds”.

There isn’t.
Exactly, we go through this every summer. People always say that we need to get rid of the deadwood, however that's easier said than done, as it requires other teams to actually want to sign our crap players. Plus their wages are usually higher than most teams will want so we get stuck waiting for their contracts to run down

I think the big thing we absolutely have to work on is the defensive and midfield spine of the team. Obviously if DCL or Richarlison go then we’ll need to buy some quality attacking options too, but that has to be a priority currently, our central midfield and central defence are far too weak, and just aren’t suited to playing the way I assume Frank will want to play
This.

Right now that is the priority.

Parlour was saying he'd clear out Lampard and his coaching staff and start again from fresh next season, with a new man in sooner rather than later to get a full pre season.
You can see where he's coming from because it's very difficult to believe lampard will do much for us especially with a limited budget. It's a fair point from parlour. However Lampard probably deserves until November but I strongly expect he will be gone round about by then.

You can see where he's coming from because it's very difficult to believe lampard will do much for us especially with a limited budget. It's a fair point from parlour. However Lampard probably deserves until November but I strongly expect he will be gone round about by then.
Right so in order:
No you can’t
No it’s not
No it’s not
No probably about it
That’s the spirit

Exactly, we go through this every summer. People always say that we need to get rid of the deadwood, however that's easier said than done, as it requires other teams to actually want to sign our crap players. Plus their wages are usually higher than most teams will want so we get stuck waiting for their contracts to run down

Natural expiry of contracts helps that, if no buyers we mitigate the financial aspect by loaning them out until that point

Status
Not open for further replies.