Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's be honest, even with the Lampard factor, why are either coming to Everton currently?

They aren't, we need to focus on players who want to play but have roadblocks in front of them at their current clubs, or players who want to take the step up to this league (championship, foreign leagues) otherwise the only factor we can use is paying big wages which has exasperated the current financial problems

And let's be honest, even with the Lampard factor, why are either coming to Everton currently?

Mylenko, Patterson, Deli are 3 very good pieces of recruitment and the exact path we need to follow going forwards. Throw in targeting teams who will be effected by the new loan restrictions and you have how are recruitment needs to be done for the foreseeable.

Mylenko, Patterson, Deli are 3 very good pieces of recruitment and the exact path we need to follow going forwards. Throw in targeting teams who will be effected by the new loan restrictions and you have how are recruitment needs to be done for the foreseeable.
What actually are the new loan restrictions?

Now that the relief that we've survived has worn off, I'm very curious (and somewhat) apprehensive to see which direction Frank approaches the summer transfer window.

Does he give the green light to allow a mass exodus of the dead-wood, useless turds we have? Or does he believe that, over the summer and with a full pre-season programme he can train these players to play HIS way?

I'm begging and hoping it's not the latter. The scale of the rebuild is astronomical and Frank and the board need to prepare as soon as possible. Priority must be with the back-line and work your way up from there.
I think there will be big changes but I dont predict a full mass exodus. Trying to gel together an entirely new team brings its own substantial risks.

When you have a season as bad as ours it makes most players look bad but the reality is that some but not all players will be bad players or have bad attitudes and as the results go wrong and the confidence drops that can drag good players down towards the level of the bad ones.

Hopefully Lampard has had enough time to work out the genuinely bad from the good, we need to retain the spirit of the last month or two then add in quality around it rather than rip the whole thing apart.

This Is what we should be looking at realistically or unrealistically to some:

Keep:
Holgate (back up)
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Coleman ( back up)
Keane
Patterson
Branthwaite
Gray
Townsend (although injury could finish him)
Iwobi
Doucouré
Ali
Gordon
Davies
Rico

Sell:
Pickford
Mina
Kenny
Allan
Gomes
Delph
Rondon (not gonna happen)
DCL

Sign:
Pope
Tarkowski (free)
Gallagher ( loan)
Brennan Johnson (free)
Cornet ( 17 mill release clause) or Joao Pedro ( 15 mill release clause)
Would that not leave us with the only senior out and out Striker being Rondon. I think we've already established this year that Richy (if he stays) is not a striker. Brennan Johnson will be good but he may not hit the ground running. If we decided to play with a DM or Pivot who would that be. Doucoure does not have the discipline.

Think you will find that Gallagher will almost certainly be back at Chelsea next season and due to the introduction of the 5 sub rule so will Gilmour till at least January. The likes of Berkley, Jorginho and Saul will be gone. Saul back to AM , Jorginho to Italy but don’t be surprised if you are offered Ross B for a small fee but as to his reception at your s that’s a different matter.

I do think you will get one of ours on loan but not dare I say any of the names you are thinking of it will be one of the older ones who we won’t want so have to find a loan berth for them.
What is going to happen to Ampadu. When he first played for Wales he looked to be exceptional - not moved on as much since.

What is going to happen to Ampadu. When he first played for Wales he looked to be exceptional - not moved on as much since.

The forgotten man isn't he - by all accounts has had a good season in a terrible team in Italy; would love to see him here, can plug a lot of gaps

What actually are the new loan restrictions?

The new regulations have been introduced to ‘develop young players, promote competitive balance and prevent the hoarding of players’. It will see changes being made to the number of departing and incoming loanees allowed. Furthermore, changes in the minimum and maximum loan time, club-to-club loan ratio are also proposed.

First, and perhaps the most striking change is the limit set in the maximum number of loans per season. Starting 2022/23, clubs will be able to loan out only eight players a season. This number will reduce to six by 2024/25. In order to transition smoothly, the plan will be executed in three steps, with the 2023/24 season making seven loan outs valid. There’s no limit in terms of the numbers at present.

The second major regulation is regarding the terms and formalities of loans. A loan deal must last at least two windows, and should not exceed one year. Similarly, a detailed written agreement, detailing the nuances like financial terms and duration, will be compulsory in each move. In addition, at any given time, a club will not be allowed to send more than three players to the same team and vice versa.

This Is what we should be looking at realistically or unrealistically to some:

Keep:
Holgate (back up)
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Coleman ( back up)
Keane
Patterson
Branthwaite
Gray
Townsend (although injury could finish him)
Iwobi
Doucouré
Ali
Gordon
Davies
Rico

Sell:
Pickford
Mina
Kenny
Allan
Gomes
Delph
Rondon (not gonna happen)
DCL

Sign:
Pope
Tarkowski (free)
Gallagher ( loan)
Brennan Johnson (free)
Cornet ( 17 mill release clause) or Joao Pedro ( 15 mill release clause)
So replacing 2 of our defensive line with players who managed to finish lower than us.

We've got pretty much no money, right? How do loan fees work? Are they counted in to the FFP stuff? If not, let's go Everloan but on 6 cases of Bang Energy and just loan in a crap-ton of players.

I think your possibly right with Gallaghe, Gilmor not so sure I think Chelsea might think a season long loan to Everton would be good for all parties. But we will have to wait and see.

Gilmour hasn’t that long on his contract part of the reason I believe he will stay is that he was badly handled at Norwich that on top of injuries meant it’s likely he needs to be assessed before he gets offered a new deal.

Someone mentioned Ampadu had a terrible loan at Sheffield Utd like Gilmour he was playing in a team that eventually got relegated. Hasn’t done bad out on loan at Venezia and at the end of the day he is only 21 so I suspect he will return to a PL club and that possibly will be at Chelsea but more likely will be available on loan .I wonder if Palace is the option because over the last few years they have had the likes of RLC and now of course Gallagher and being close to Cobham and Chelsea Palace have really aided players development and Ampadu is a real talent just waiting to have a break out season

Status
Not open for further replies.