Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I’d be surprised if Lampard doesn’t use Simms as back-up striker next season. Much then depends on whether DCL or Richarlison leaves.

if neither does, then I don’t see us acquiring a striker. Dobbin will come into the reckoning as a wide attacker.

Disappointing if Kenny is given a new deal. Stanley Mills is already a better RB and Nkounkou will be back as LB option.

I can see us strengthening at CB and central midfield.
Is Nkounkou capable of playing in the premier league? His spell in Belgium seemed a mixed experience

How about a Robertson post he was on a dreadful hull squad that got relegated. But ultimately Nymz is correct I'm not usually opposed to recruiting from relegated teams but I don't think there's anyone in those abysmal squads that would bolster our team in the long term.
Inhailer

He's really not. But without even arguing that he's a completely different player. I said before he reminds me of Ramsey and I stick by that. Ramsey could never survive in a midfield two and I don't believe Gallagher can either. So are Chelsea going to reshape the team to work him in better? Obviously no.
RLC was getting some game time towards the back end of the season and I’d imagine Gallagher would get in ahead of him in a straight shootout.

Kante could well be off, so that would leave Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount and RLC as his main competition.

Also, with them losing two centre halves to La Liga and Silva being 124, they may well decide to switch to 4-3-3 or similar.

RLC was getting some game time towards the back end of the season and I’d imagine Gallagher would get in ahead of him in a straight shootout.

Kante could well be off, so that would leave Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount and RLC as his main competition.

Also, with them losing two centre halves to La Liga and Silva being 124, they may well decide to switch to 4-3-3 or similar.
That's a lot of ifs.

If they're playing 4-3-3 the equation changes because he does fit into that quite well. But 3-4-3 I don't think he does at all. For me he's very defined as a box to box player in a three man midfield. I don't see any other role.

Because he doesn't play very much and when he does he's often a wing back.

So the lad himself will agitate you think?

I wouldn't totally rule us out of being in for him, a loan with an opportunity to play, we cover his significant wage., everyone reassess in 12 months.

If my memory is right, didn't he struggle for game time under Frank though, though Frank convinced him to sign on.

Adam Crafton Athletic report suggests Real are interested in Richy post the Mbappe snub. If thats indeed true Everton are potentially in a good spot leverage wise. For starters by having a suitor of such a big profile and resources, but second the potential need of the club to make a signing. Beyond the Carlo connection it does make some sense for Madrid. His workrate fits the scrappy mature no nonsense current squad.

I love Richy and always will but if this is indeed the end, a connection to Madrid is great grounds for an excellent return by Everton. And that should be our number one priority in relation to him as his leaving feels inevitable. Extracting top dollar for him is arguably the clubs the biggest catalyst to sustained stability. Such a move might also sell more prospects on our platforms potential in sell ons to the biggest teams in the world. Id be gutted but again its been expected for years now. I for one would be excited for him to play at such an echelon thats also not in England.

Last edited:
However good Hudson Odoi might be, this :

21/22 Achilles tendon problems Mar 2, 2022 Apr 29, 2022 58 days 14Chelsea FC
20/21 Hip Injury Dec 4, 2020 Dec 20, 2020 16 days 4Chelsea FC
19/20 Ankle Injury Jun 16, 2020 Jun 30, 2020 14 days 3Chelsea FC
19/20 Corona virus Mar 12, 2020 Mar 26, 2020 14 days -
19/20 Hamstring Injury Feb 4, 2020 Apr 4, 2020 60 days 6Chelsea FC
19/20 Knock Nov 21, 2019 Nov 28, 2019 7 days 2Chelsea FC
18/19 Achilles tendon rupture Apr 23, 2019 Sep 11, 2019 141 days 11Chelsea FC

Means we should not go near him.

….I’d be surprised if Lampard doesn’t use Simms as back-up striker next season. Much then depends on whether DCL or Richarlison leaves.

if neither does, then I don’t see us acquiring a striker. Dobbin will come into the reckoning as a wide attacker.

Disappointing if Kenny is given a new deal. Stanley Mills is already a better RB and Nkounkou will be back as LB option.

I can see us strengthening at CB and central midfield.
Pleasantly surprised at how Simms got on up North. I think we’d be crazy not to have a proper look at him in preseason and consider him as an alternative to signing someone in the most expensive position on the pitch (even as backup).

Agree re priorities. CBs who are quick and confident with the ball at their feet, and CMs who can receive and quickly transition to attack have to be the focus. Full-backs could well be sorted, as you say, and we’ve got players who can play behind/wide of the striker pretty well covered (relatively speaking…). GK could become pressing if we get the proverbial offer we can’t refuse for JP, but we can cross that bridge…

So the lad himself will agitate you think?

I wouldn't totally rule us being in for him, a loan with an opportunity to play, we cover his significant wage., everyone reassess in 12 months.

If my memory is right, didn't he struggle for game time under Frank though, though Frank convinced him to sign on.
I wouldn't say agitate necessarily but he might ask. I also could just see him being the one they decide has to go since they probably need defenders and midfielders in.

Status
Not open for further replies.