Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know id have a look at Keane Lewis-Potter, at Hull, was very impressed with him Vs us, in the Cup, terrorised us at times and have kept an eye on him since, he's a very good player with loads of headroom, looks a real prospect for a step up, couple of good players at Hull.

Hull recruit and bring players through quite well.

We absolutely have to be looking at young up and comers from the championship!

When looking at "loans" he is one I'd be very interested in. Needs a move. I'd probably prefer Gallacher or even Broja on loan, and it's a shame the lad plays in the position we are strongest currently. But he would be a great loan singing.
We're strongest by volume but not quality

Haha yeah ok

I'll be honest, I can see some mileage in this. We don't have a lot to spend in fees at this point, but do have wriggle room on wages.
Von Der Beek 120k
El Ghazi 60k
Kenny 15k
Delph 100k
Tosun 100k
Sigurdsson 140k
Lonergan 30k

Are all likely to be leaving. That's the best part of 300k p/w out the door without the loans and close to 500k p/w out with loans.

We're strongest by volume but not quality

Well to some extent yes. However, Gray, Richarlison and Gordon are probably amongst our top 10 players. Throw in Alli who can play out there too and Iwobi (I do appreciate it's not their best position) and you see it's clearly not a key area.

That being said Hudson Odoi has potential to be at Richarlison level, so we would have to consider that.

You're trading Tarkowski for Mina at that price.

Sell Mina for 15m and that covers his wages for 3 years and you save 120k a week.

Easy this, giz a job Everton.

I'm sure that will be the thinking. I don't think we will be able to sell Mina though, but you may get a loan that will cover the wages.

I'll be honest, I can see some mileage in this. We don't have a lot to spend in fees at this point, but do have wriggle room on wages.
Von Der Beek 120k
El Ghazi 60k
Kenny 15k
Delph 100k
Tosun 100k
Sigurdsson 140k
Lonergan 30k

Are all likely to be leaving. That's the best part of 300k p/w out the door without the loans and close to 500k p/w out with loans.
I’d say that at ~90% of turnover, wages are the very last place we’ve got wiggle room.

Given that we’ll almost certainly be making at least one big sale, we’ll likely be able to spend on decent fees, but ideally for younger, lower wage players.

Status
Not open for further replies.